GOMORRAH

Having just watched the aforementioned film I was thinking, how many drivers on here have had unfortunate dealings with the Camorra in and around Napoli. I myself was hijacked on my first trip to Italy in '96, quite a character building experience. In particular I learned not to mention it to other drivers 'cause they always thought I was BSing.

Do you mean HERE

and also THIS in English

we used to deliver to a small plant not far from nepal
called cesarta in the late 80,s and had luckily enough
no problems, due to the load, being one that only they could use,

There is many a Norfolkline subbie been turned over in italy when they have the frozen prawns and scampi on. I got trailer robbed on the services between Naples ans Bari and had only 2 palletts on but they never touched me or the cab and that is a familiar story for most fish wagons going to italy. One of the drivers i worked with got 9 palletts took off his trailer and made the mistake of getting out the truck to argue with them!! He was told in no uncertain terms to get in the truck and be quiet till they were finished. He phoned the police but they were not interested and arrived and done the paperwork afterwards and they couldnt care less. That was a one off for me in Italy and had many a great run there :smiley: :smiley:

Dunno if it is just me being lucky but I have been all over Italy including Sicily with all sorts of freight and have never had any problems at all, parked up in Rome, Naples, Marseille, Moscow etc and the only time I ever had owt robbed was just outside Leeds

must be lucky to , did a fair bit of italy , parked up at services and any were else i could park never had anything stolen ,

Same as,done Italy regular for about 9 years and had the tilt cut once, was carrying big rolls of denim at the time :laughing: