Goldstar

Anyone on here from Goldstar of Southampton.Thinking of applying.Any info gratefully received.?

i wouldn’t bother mate… i know the general manager down there and they only keep subbies working there. the rest of the lorrys come from felixstowe… i can tell you that eldapoint are lookin for drivers.(mind you looking at goldstars website it says they are looking for trampers in soton… so maybe things have changed since i spoke to him last.)

… And you get paid in bags of beans. Small bags at that. :unamused:

Thought the manager down there was Phil has that changed.

it hasn’t, unless he’s moved haha… not seen him in a few months as been away… are you base in soton manalishi

acceptme:
it hasn’t, unless he’s moved haha… not seen him in a few months as been away… are you base in soton manalishi

Don’t think he will move because he made a fortune when he sold out to the two that own Goldstar now.
He don’t really need to work it’s more a hobby for him now.

acceptme:
they only keep subbies working there. the rest of the lorrys come from felixstowe… i can tell you that eldapoint are lookin for drivers.

Not true, they have their own fleet based in Southampton. Eldapoint… £75 a day before stoppages!
I did some casual work for both companies last year. Goldstar paid £100 +£10 day meal allowance after stoppages. Don’t know what they pay full timers though.

well mike i was only quoting as what i was told when i was down there just before xmas.

beetee07:

acceptme:

Don’t think he will move because he made a fortune when he sold out to the two that own Goldstar now.

that would explain a lot. he’s a lovely house and car to match it… didnt know the back story as not my place to ask.

acceptme:

beetee07:

acceptme:

that would explain a lot. he’s a lovely house and car to match it… didnt know the back story as not my place to ask.

I used to work for Phil when he owned Goldstar Southern meany years ago then Mat and Simon made him an offer he’d be mad to refuse.
Then he moved down to Southampton to start it off and he stayed.

acceptme:

I’m on the Isle Of Wight,work for a steady outfit in Soton but have long wanted to work for Goldstar,right back to the days they were Gippings.I figured Goldstars glory days have gone but they get around a fair bit,which appeals,my present outfit rarely go north of Oxford which I don’t dig.

oh right fair enough. well pop into see them and let us know how you get on. it can’t hurt to ask. like u iv say companies in soton who i wanted to work for when not doing the normal job. One of them was SCL. got on them with the agency for a week last month and thought they were a great outfit. upfront about everything and handy work

manalishi:

acceptme:

I’m on the Isle Of Wight,work for a steady outfit in Soton but have long wanted to work for Goldstar,right back to the days they were Gippings.I figured Goldstars glory days have gone but they get around a fair bit,which appeals,my present outfit rarely go north of Oxford which I don’t dig.

Gippings , im curiuos do you mean gipping transport services owned by mark fellingham , yard in a farmyard near bacton , I used 2 work for them , or do you mean gipping container services , md was last time I was there a guy called moose …

ricardo62:

manalishi:

acceptme:

Gippings , im curiuos do you mean gipping transport services owned by mark fellingham , yard in a farmyard near bacton , I used 2 work for them , or do you mean gipping container services , md was last time I was there a guy called moose …

The guy that owned gipping container services was Asian .I am sure moose was just a traffic planner

The guy that owned gipping container services was Asian .I am sure moose was just a traffic planner
[/quote]
Moose there’s a name form the past, anyone know what happened to him

acceptme:
oh right fair enough. well pop into see them and let us know how you get on. it can’t hurt to ask. like u iv say companies in soton who i wanted to work for when not doing the normal job. One of them was SCL. got on them with the agency for a week last month and thought they were a great outfit. upfront about everything and handy work

I think it’s fair to say there’s a different dynamic at play when doing agency work,I did 3 months for SCL and hated every damned second of it.Juvenile office/driver politics and a heap of naked favouritism towards the majority East european contingent.Some love it though.Go figure. :confused:

chester1:

ricardo62:

manalishi:

acceptme:

I remember moose being Asian and I think it was him that owned the company but I stand 2 be corrected , I believe he was in charge of transport uk ltd b4 they went bust years ago he came across a little bit dodgy to say the least

I thought moose was the lad from burnley

chester1:

The 1 im on about is Felixstowe based , he I believe was high up in transport uk , b4 he went on to run gipping container services , and I havnt had any contact with him for over ten yrs , like the other post said he seems 2 have disearpeared .

ricardo62:

chester1:

The 1 im on about is Felixstowe based , he I believe was high up in transport uk , b4 he went on to run gipping container services , and I havnt had any contact with him for over ten yrs , like the other post said he seems 2 have disearpeared .

I didn’t know the owner was called moose but mark the lad from burnley his nick name was mouse .are we talking about the same gipping that went ■■■■ up then called them selves some thing else in felixstowe