Goldstar transport

Firstly hi all I’m new here so please be kind lol.

My question is has anyone done their training with Goldstar transport and taken employment with them afterwards.

If so are they any good at training and what are they like to work for?

Many thanks

I am in the middle of it right now, its has all been good so far bar one thing… The time it takes from start to end.

I first applied to them in May for a assessment (they only take you if you can pass a initial test drive), having done all my theory (inc MOD2). I did not hear anything for a a bit so i called them in July and i was lucky to get a assessment when someone had pulled out (I passed the assessment). I was then told i would get a letter in the post telling me when my week of class 2 and test was going to be I got this 2 weeks later and my training was in September, after passing that I was thinking it was going to be in the next 2 months or so, that I would take my class 1 training and test… nope I have been told it will be more like February until i can do my class 1 with them.

so you could be looking at a year before you start working for them from when you apply (they will not tell you this even if you ask)

I cant tell you any more than this as this is all i have done but I am still glad I have done it and am looking forward to getting my class 1 with them but the wait time and them not telling me it was going to take so long between class2 and class1 was a bummer.

hope this helps you any other questions I might be able to help you with, I will :smiley:

Thanks mate I sort of got the impression that it would of been fairly quick but sounds like that was wrong!so think I might be best to find some work while I wait lol

There is not many companies offering this sort of training so sort of got limited choices Gergorys offer something similar but they have a huge waiting list and was pretty much told not to hold my hopes out for getting a place.

Does anyone else know of any other companies offering it?

volvonerd:
Thanks mate I sort of got the impression that it would of been fairly quick but sounds like that was wrong!so think I might be best to find some work while I wait lol

There is not many companies offering this sort of training so sort of got limited choices Gergorys offer something similar but they have a huge waiting list and was pretty much told not to hold my hopes out for getting a place.

Does anyone else know of any other companies offering it?

I don’t know were you’re at but i take it its in Suffolk or somewhere close, I think Wincanton might do it. Seven Lincs do one if you have a class 2 to upgrade to class 1. there is probably some more if you look around but i don’t know of any others, sorry.

Goldstar WILL take forever! If you have good refs and or you know someone - you will still be lucky to move. Quote “It can take up to two months or more from the end of the C course to the start of the C+E course”
Whatever they promise is followed by a delay of long time - weeks, months. They dont tell you this in the beginning only as it comes up. You can easily be waiting a year and they still tell you that there is a shortage of drivers. Dont hold your breath. You might, might do better if you check in regularly . . . Good luck.

volvonerd:
Firstly hi all I’m new here so please be kind lol.

My question is has anyone done their training with Goldstar transport and taken employment with them afterwards.

If so are they any good at training and what are they like to work for?

Many thanks

Which Goldstar? The container company (based in Suffolk) is a different company entirely from the freight company (with the green trucks) based near Heathrow.