Goldstar Southampton

Hi guys,

After some advice from current drivers at Goldstar if possible.

Thinking about applying for a job there. The pays states “circa £34000 a year with potential earnings of £44000.”

Is this the case? How much do you guys actually earn?
How are you paid? Weekly, monthly etc?

I only want day work and I’m currently on around £36k a year so don’t want to drop much if possible.

Any advice Is very grateful!

Thanks all!

Well i would say the money advertised is wrong, due to the fact no current drivers can afford to use the internet to reply…[emoji16][emoji16]

I see alot of goldstar drivers in the docks and there are a large number that have stayed for many years, but as in all transport companies the planners will have favourites etc.

Its all the samey tramping on boxes out of Southampton, different trucks/trailers but at the end of the day the money is about the same wherever you are, always has been and always will be.[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

truckertang:
Well i would say the money advertised is wrong, due to the fact no current drivers can afford to use the internet to reply…[emoji16][emoji16]

I see alot of goldstar drivers in the docks and there are a large number that have stayed for many years, but as in all transport companies the planners will have favourites etc.

Its all the samey tramping on boxes out of Southampton, different trucks/trailers but at the end of the day the money is about the same wherever you are, always has been and always will be.[emoji106][emoji106]

Yep right there Tang :wink: but at least I get proper OT rate and not flat rate only

blue estate:

truckertang:

Yep right there Tang :wink: but at least I get proper OT rate and not flat rate only

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji16]

If you’re knocking up £36k salary, and most importantly doing sensible (max of 50 genuine averaged out hours for it, without having to use POA) day work for it, i’d stay where you are mate.

Juddian:
If you’re knocking up £36k salary, and most importantly doing sensible (max of 50 genuine averaged out hours for it, without having to use POA) day work for it, i’d stay where you are mate.

I would stay but its cage work into stores and its ■■■■ to be quite honest.
I’ve had enough and want a change!