Going over your daily spreadover

The other day saw me going over my 15 hour spreadover (double decker trailer full of tvs, stereos and the likes) was 15 mins from the yard so there was no way I was parking up with the load I had. I did the printout and wrote on the back etc.

My question is…what daily rest am I required to take? as I’d used one of my reductions, can I then go back in after 9 hours off or as I went over is there a forfeit like 11 hours or even 24/45 required?

Mark.

Nine hours.

You have done over 13 hours so are using one of your two remaining reductions anyway. The going over with a valid excuse thing just removes the need for the rest period to fall within the 24-hour period. All the other rest requirements remain the same.

Thanks Neil.

Another quick question, what is considered a “reasonable time”? I was 15 minutes which I considered reasonable, I’m guessing over half an hour would be classed as a bit too far?

Mark28:
Another quick question, what is considered a “reasonable time”? I was 15 minutes which I considered reasonable, I’m guessing over half an hour would be classed as a bit too far?

How long is a bit of string? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

A more important question is how often does this happen? If it is a very occasional thing and is usually coupled with something else, delay due to an accident, adverse weather and so on, then it won’t really be a problem. If it happens on a regular basis then questions would be asked about planning. Remember it has to be unforeseen circumstances and having a thief attractive load on board is not unforeseen, neither would being delayed because you used the Western section of the M25 on a Friday evening or the M6 through Birmingham during the rush hour.

Coffeeholic:

Mark28:

How long is a bit of string? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

As long as my journey is officer :laughing:

Thanks again Neil.