Going over my 4.5 hours driving by 5 mins

Hi all I am fearly new to driving lgv I passed my class 2 in August and class 1 yesterday witch I am happy about lol anyway last week I was on the road and I went over my 4.5 hours by 5 minutes due to couldn’t find anywhere to stop I allready got half hour in at 2hours 15 any info would be a help to is it a big no no or just a warning sort of thin Tia

You should have done a printout at the time that you stopped and written an explanation on it.

Going over your driving time is always a no no but as long as it’s not a regular occurrence you should be OK, just hope you don’t get checked by a really ■■■■ DVSA bod.

Congratulations on the C+E :wink:

Won’t they take in to consideration that I have allready had 30 mins brake and cheers mate

No , you needed another 30 minutes minimum at 4.5 hrs having a break before 4.5 hrs does not extend driving time

New trucker:
Won’t they take in to consideration that I have allready had 30 mins brake and cheers mate

Hopefully yes, but you was still 30 minutes short of the break you should have had.

I wouldn’t worry about it, in the unlikely event that you get stopped if it’s a one off you should be OK and get nothing more than a friendly warning to be more careful, if you’re directly employed you will of course get an infringement from your company, but that’s nothing to bother about.

I understand it dosent extend driving time but 30 mins is surely better than none at all beleive me it won’t be happening again :frowning:

I’ve just realised that you’ve double posted the same topic.

Perhaps a mod merge the two threads.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=119857

Makes no difference 30 mins break or no break exceeding 4.5 hrs is big no no , ofc it happens, do a printout explain on back reason and try not to make it a habit , but don’t lose sleep over it .

As it’s been said your over without the required break the same would be if you had 40min at your 1st stop you were only 5 min short of the 45 but still in breach and the fines if given would still be the same …

Again get that break in start panning and looking at the 4hr mark at least .

I’m lucky on nights o the work I do I can plan where and when I stop as I have numerous stopping points before the motorway and then service areas about 20min apart …

Plan plan plan …