Going on to nights out (tramping) how do you cope

due to us having 4 yr old twin boys and my partner getting messed about at work, and not been able to get a job that can work around the twins schooling, we have made the decision that i will do tramping monday to friday…she will just get little part time job…so she can do school run and we then would have some to look after kids in school holidays…situation at moment is i work monday to friday my partner works mon, tue, sat and sun…so really we dont get to spend much time together as a family as one of us as got twins while other is at work…
we reckon that if im out monday to friday even come back sat morning, and if my partner stops working weekends wed actually have 2 quality days that we can all spend together…
any way that is the current picture i just wanted to know how some of you cope been out all week and what do you do to make things a little easier

i do mon-fri/sat tramping.

i fint it quite easy and when i get home i know i get some very important time with my family.

but its hard to get ur head round and the wife… and u must remember it will be twice as hard for her u not being there during the week. can u cope?? thats for u and her to talk long and hard about.

when i started tramping… it took me and the family months to get use to… but now they love it when i come home… coz i spend all my time with them all, which we find it to be more quality time together.

but that was hard for us to find the happy medium.

ive seen many blokes come and go as a tramper as they cant hack it, or the wife gives the ulitmaium… its us or the truck (or something like that)

hope this helps… trust me… talk to ur partner… make sure u both know whats involved.

weve been going through it all for about a month now ive only just started to look for work…as i sais at the moment we dotn have any days that all 4 of us have day together…she said she wont work weekends if i go on tramping so well have 2 days…
suppose only way to find out is to do it …but it aint something weve seriously thought about

its always good to talk…

but the downside… if ur children gets ill or ur partner… you could be hours away, and no chance of getting back.

and this could happern…

but the 2 days you get together…u will have soo much to catch up on…piccys etc, communication between u will be better and ■■■ life will deffo improve and makes u appricate time a lot more.

go for it aslong as she is strong enough to cope with it… and ur relationship will be totaly different…

its your choice and ur familys… pm me any questions u may have… ill do my best to answer them…

If you do this you need to make some rules. Firstly its going to be tough on the whole household, but you’ve got tobe strong, give yr self a time period, 2 weeks and giving up won’t do yr financial situation any good. When i first went up the road, we (my wife and i) made a pact. We would give it a year and if after that first year either of us had had enough then i would come home to stay. That was 7 years ago, the pact still stands. She knows that she could ring me tonight and i’d call it a day if that was what she wanted. It’ll be tough, but yr sexlife will be great. Good luck.

MR VAIN:
If you do this you need to make some rules. Firstly its going to be tough on the whole household, but you’ve got tobe strong, give yr self a time period, 2 weeks and giving up won’t do yr financial situation any good. When i first went up the road, we (my wife and i) made a pact. We would give it a year and if after that first year either of us had had enough then i would come home to stay. That was 7 years ago, the pact still stands. She knows that she could ring me tonight and i’d call it a day if that was what she wanted. It’ll be tough, but yr sexlife will be great. Good luck.

just make sure you don’t eat as much as Mr Vain or you’ll be worse off financially :astonished:

cheers lads much appreciated …lol at tonysplodge comment about mr vain