Going on agency, Umbrella, Ltd company or PAYE?

I’m leaving Stobart… :smiley:

I’ve registered with an agency, good rates, basically £1 p/hr less if I go PAYE I can use their umbrella company or go limited company and file my own accounts etc.

Wondering what my options are, I live locally to the contract so claiming mileage for example isn’t going to net much, I’m not one for paperwork at the best of times so do worry about my own tax return etc, perhaps PAYE would be the best for me?

I’d appreciate any thoughts as to what’s best from guys already working either as umbrella, Ltd or indeed anybody who’s tried it and gone back to PAYE…

Any advice welcome.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

I would stick with PAYE mate and go on miles to and from jobs over thirty miles away, From ive seen on here umbrella things are a con, Ltd gives you less pension unless you earn enough to do private one.

Just added up the cost for using an umbrella company for the tax year 2013/14 it’s worked out very expensive and they also retain your provisions for Tax and National Insurance until 2015.
For me personally it’s cost over £1600 with the margin fees and admin fees and they also wanted to retain £2600 for my income tax and National insurance for the next 9 months (- I don’t think so-) the monies are now being returned and ended any involvement. I have now set myself up Ltd company.

Yeah you’re far better doing it yourself and if you keep a tidy set of books an accountant won’t charge much to go through them and submit the accounts.

You want to be on more than just £1/hr more than PAYE - that barely covers the holiday pay they’re getting out of.

I would speak to your local Citizens Advice Bureau. You’ve asked for a change to your shifts due to a recognised medical condition and due to their unwillingness to accommodate your needs, Stobart’s have effectively forced your hand. Here’s a link to have a look at. Good luck with the outcome. :slight_smile: gov.uk/dismissal/unfair-and … -dismissal