Going North on a Friday Night

Could I have some advice please.

I need to go from Leicester to Wentworth (near Rotherham) on Friday evening. I’ll probably not leave Leicester until between 6 & 7 and was wondering which is best to go to avoid the worst of the hold ups. M1 from Junction 21 or A46 and up to the A1?

Not been up through the widening on the A46 for a while and not sure how far they’ve got.

Any help would be great

Ring ahead first and make sure the North is open - may shut for the weekend!

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

On a more sensible note - M1 would be my choice on a Friday - more chance of it keeping moving.

A46-A6097-A614 and on to A1 everytime, the widening on the A46 was almost completed last time I was there.

I was on the A46 last week and was very impressed and will use that way again.

I too wouldn’t use M1 if i could avoid it, without fail the lemmings will do their usual somewhere on that section, either at jct 24 or 28/30.

I bloody hate Friday afternoons on the major routes.

I was told the weekend that the A46 is fully open and is superb. :slight_smile:

fredthered:
Ring ahead first and make sure the North is open - may shut for the weekend!

We all have to move south as the lazy southerners don’t work.

Ken.

the a 46 is fully open :sunglasses:

If your not too far from the Hobby Horse roundabout (i.e. Thurmaston etc.) take the 46 straight up to what was Bingham island (just after Grantham A52) and follow the A6097/A614 Doncaster sign. Only thing to be aware of is new average speed cameras. Start at the point where the 6097 & 614 merge and go as far as Ollerton island as I remember…

extrucker:
I was told the weekend that the A46 is fully open and is superb. :slight_smile:

It is.

wind the windows up. the clean air will make you light headed.
worst of the traffic between 6 and 7 on a friday evening? :laughing:
you’ll need silver bullets for the wearwolves, and condoms for the pendle witches (not as clean as they used to be).
don’t ask for a latte, or a mocha at a cafe, it’s still illegal to be a southern nancy in certain parts.

limeyphil:
wind the windows up. the clean air will make you light headed.
worst of the traffic between 6 and 7 on a friday evening? :laughing:
you’ll need silver bullets for the wearwolves, and condoms for the pendle witches (not as clean as they used to be).
don’t ask for a latte, or a mocha at a cafe, it’s still illegal to be a southern nancy in certain parts.

A southern nancy from Leicester? Leave it out, where I’m from we call Hertfordshire northern! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: