Going Limited. is it worth it?

is it really worth it? whats everyones views and opinions about it all…
Thinking about giving it ago, just unsure.

got an easy life at the minute, Trunking mon-fri etc problem is the money isn’t too great.

Many thanks.

I’ll get the sofa out of storage, can someone order the beer and popcorn
I think this could be a great one

peirre:
I’ll get the sofa out of storage, can someone order the beer and popcorn
I think this could be a great one

Could be… or… NWM will discover the well hidden secret of the hundreds of posts already on this subject…
But you`re right, even if the OP shouted from the rooftops that the answer was found, this (Friday eve) thread will run.
But to kick it off:
If you want more pay? Get another job.
If you want to start your own company? Fine and good. Good luck to anyone with the vision, ambition, and drive. We do REALLY need innovation at all levels in all fields.
If you are looking for a way to avoid/evade paying taxes, and want to help keep a poor employer in business, by risking YOUR all to work for their bad wages? Brace yourself!

There has to be a federalist super state conspiracy themed reply to this at some point, :laughing:

NWM:
is it really worth it? whats everyones views and opinions about it all…
Thinking about giving it ago, just unsure.

got an easy life at the minute, Trunking mon-fri etc problem is the money isn’t too great.

Many thanks.

Presuming you mean Ltd V self employed the Se is easier and cheaper if it’s labour only .
If I ever gave up my operators licence the first thing I’d do is shut the Ltd co .

yes. i did it in 2013, got a proper accountant, i have paid £2705 in tax since then, i have had HMRC investigate twice with no problems. keep all your receipts, do not take the mickey by claiming for outrageous things. i am part time and turn over about £25 to 28000 a year.do it properly accountant charges £1150 a year which is deductable tax wise.

Not worth it anymore.

I gave it up in 2016, and a friend of mine is just about to do the same.

The rates that companies want to pay, are not worth the risk and the benefits are not worth the hassle. Since HMRC cut the flat rate scheme, it effectively gave drivers a pay cut.

HMRC are also investigating a lot of so called self employed drivers that work through agencies, so unless you have your own customer base which consists of numerous transport companies, then expect an investigation and a large tax bill.

I went back paye, and have no more worries about where my next pay cheque is coming from. I get holiday pay, don’t have to worry about paying tax and ni, have no worries about public liability, damage to a vehicle, and have a job that is paying nearly what a self employed driver is getting, (I am salaried.) and only do on average a 45 hour week, and home every night, sometimes just after noon.

Ken.

I’m still Ltd, but its not as good as it used to be. It depends on your circumstances, Its harder to get a mortgage or change your mortgage product because a lot of your earnings is down as expenses, so the computer will say no if you go to a mortgage adviser. Few years back I brought a different house £30000 more which I paid out of my savings. Went to a adviser and said I want to swap my mortgage on to the new house and I pay the rest out of my savings. I had a hell of a carry on, sorted it in the end.

I have done very well out of the flat rate scheme over the last 7 years. But I very much doubt I will still be doing it in 7 years time. My step son who is a driver as well wanted to do it but I put him off.

Next thing, it might sound daft but you must be able to control money, because you have to keep money back for tax, accountants, vat if you going to still be vat reg + other expenses and I have seen blokes get themselves in a hell of a muddle because they spent everything.

It you do go down that route ask other Ltd drivers in your area which accountant to use and don’t touch any which the agency recommend. But most important DO NOT GO SELF EMPLOYED OR UMBRELLA COMPANY because it will end in tears.