going home

a local company are in the paper advertising for drivers, never seen them in it before so i
asked around to see whats up there. found out that all the foreigners are going home for good :smiley:
and i was wondering is this happening any where elseâ– â– ?

Yes, this has been happening for a couple of years now, as wages have improved in eastern Europe. At one time, a Pole could earn seven times as much here as in Poland, last time I saw the figure it was less than twice as much.

I think a percentage have returned, maybe they made their money, bought a car, built a house, I took my cousin and 3 others to Katowice Airport last week and that was full of people going to the UK to work. In this village people work in Germany, UK, Ireland, Denmark, none have come back yet of the ones that actually live in these countries, the rest just work in other countries when they want or need too. Wages have gone up here, but then Poland has become more expensive, I have found it a very expensive country to live on a Polish wage to be honest. Harry is right that the difference in earning power has gone down in the past couple of years, but like my cousin says its cheap to be in the UK and he is not worked hard, so he is happy do a couple of months at a go and 2 weeks home.

alun:
a local company are in the paper advertising for drivers, never seen them in it before so i
asked around to see whats up there. found out that all the foreigners are going home for good :smiley:
and i was wondering is this happening any where elseâ– â– ?

In small companies it’s common that all Polish people are somehow connected - one got the job, introduced his family, friends etc.

So when they come back, they come back all :slight_smile:

Noone of my friends are about to go back, and one who come back year ago is back in Scotland already, this time with his family :wink: