Going Home

According to the paper this morning the East Europeans are deserting the sinking ship and heading back to Poland and other moustache growing countries.

Hip, Hip,Hooray :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Prob because our economy is collapsing and there in need of skilled workers hence why there all “IMMIGRATING” back :smiley:

Blunder Man:
According to the paper this morning the East Europeans are deserting the sinking ship and heading back to Poland and other moustache growing countries.

Hip, Hip,Hooray :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yes lets all cheer because crops are being left in the ground because theres no one to pick them

biggusdickusgb:
yes lets all cheer because crops are being left in the ground because theres no one to pick them

There’s plenty doleys left to pick them - they just need their benefits stopping to motivate them to going out to earn a living. When you’ve got no money and the ■■■■ have run out and the lights gone off, you’ll take that job picking sprouts. The job picking butternut squash on Ch4’s “The truth about immigration” paid £7.50 an hour so it’s hardly minimum wage.

Conor:

biggusdickusgb:

There’s plenty doleys left to pick them - they just need their benefits stopping to motivate them to going out to earn a living. When you’ve got no money and the ■■■■ have run out and the lights gone off, you’ll take that job picking sprouts. The job picking butternut squash on Ch4’s “The truth about immigration” paid £7.50 an hour so it’s hardly minimum wage.

like thats really gonna happen,
if the government was prepared to do that, we wouldn’t need immigrant workers in the first place

We wouldn’t have needed them in the first place if they hadn’t run the travellers off the road. :unamused:

(Ex-harvest working traveller)

I used to dislike the EE workers but after getting to know some of them on the buiding sites Polse especiallyt they are really nice people a bit private about their lives but thats how they are.

At least they didnt come insisting their women wear burkas and telling us how bad our religion is and that theirsis better like the muslims who came from no country but lots of countries that hate us so much.

If I had one tip for anyone befriending the Poles just dont drink with them especially vodka unless you have holidays left !!!.

Yeah, that’s true. Some of them are going back. Mostly some non-educated people with no demanded skills and no english. No wonder - what’s the point to bother in the strange country, if Pound is over 40% cheaper than it was two years ago.

But people, who live here and have something to offer are still valued, so most of them will stay. Also people, who opened there an own business. Or people who are doing studies here, like me.

I don’t know if that’s good for your economy, as good educated people like engineers or doctors will be still a big competence for your own doctors and engeeners, while you will encounter problems to find cleaner, kitchen porters etc, (as we could se in the tv show mentioned above it’s hard to find Brits, who will want to do these jobs).

So unlike the rumours of them wanting to come here and sponge off our social security system, they came here to work, when the work dries up or they’ve made a nice little nest egg for their future then they go home or somewhere else that has work for them.
Many of them never had any intention of staying here far to expensive to live in this country.
I think there will still be many working on the farms as this work is still here unless a few of the british start taking it, which may happen I remember in the early 90’s they used to bus workers into Linconshire from Sheffield, becasue these were the the people who would get off their backside and graft. Of course when the economy picked up then they found other jobs. It might also happen that if certain East European economies do well and our goes into decline then some of us might end up going over there. I hope they give us the same generous welcome we gave them, when we turn up not be able to speak Polish and wanting HP sauce. :confused:

For those who say get the people on the dole to
harvest and plant the crops,IT will not work mate
the germans tried it with their own out of work
germans they just could not do the work it is too
hard and not cost efficent,
try asking farmer giles who they would rather have
and belive me it is not the meighbour from next door
who is on the dole but rather a pole,romanian,
estonian, or the like who is sused to hard graft
and will work, and good luck to them, if you like your
fruit and veg to be sold at a price that we can afford hope that
the crops do get planted and harvested

Best check your trailer before shipping OUT then !!
:laughing: :laughing:

muckles:
So unlike the rumours of them wanting to come here and sponge off our social security system, they came here to work, when the work dries up or they’ve made a nice little nest egg for their future then they go home or somewhere else that has work for them.

Right. Many of them did like that. But also many of them came here to stay here for live. Most of them will stay. That’s not one pattern only.

Many of them never had any intention of staying here far to expensive to live in this country.

Right, but not all.

Many of them never had any intention to stay here, but not becouse is too expensive to live here. In fact over last two years things changed so much, that soon living in Poland may be higher then here.

Few examples:

• 2 years ago I could buy almost two litres of fuel in Poland for the price of one litre here. Now it’s almost equal
  • 2 years ago I came to Poland, went to the shop and were buying most luxury products as it was much cheaper for me. Today prices in, for exaple Lidl in Poland are about 30% higher than in Lidl in Scotland (and how it’s possible, if from German Border to Jelenia Góra is about 60km and to Scotland is at least 1000 km and products made in germany are cheaper in Scotland?)
  • 2 years ago I could rent two room flat in my city for arround 1200 per month (it was about 200 pounds at this time). Today studio flat it’s over 2000 and that’s about 500 quids today.

And minimum salary in Poland is still much lower than in here.

The reason is not that the costs are higher. Costs are high in both countries, but as the hardest times are coming people want to be in country, which they know more, have friends and family there and when they are native. My english is OK, I have a lot of british friends, but I know that I will always be a stranger here… And I don’t like HP sauce but I like polish bread :wink:

I think there will still be many working on the farms as this work is still here unless a few of the british start taking it, which may happen I remember in the early 90’s they used to bus workers into Linconshire from Sheffield, becasue these were the the people who would get off their backside and graft. Of course when the economy picked up then they found other jobs.

or as there was a bigger competence at the market, wages went down and they recognized that it’s easier to sit on benefits then to work hard and have a bit more money only…

It might also happen that if certain East European economies do well and our goes into decline then some of us might end up going over there. I hope they give us the same generous welcome we gave them, when we turn up not be able to speak Polish and wanting HP sauce. :confused:

There were periods like that in history. For example in 1600’s plenty of Scots were coming to Poland to become a farmers or soldiers. Even Polish King had his own regiment of scottish soldiers at this time. Just take a road map of Poland and check how many villages are called “Szkoty” “Szkocja” etc… :slight_smile:

stick the dole wallers in the infantry and kick their arses into gear, and i know alot off EE workers took the work and some sponged but at least they weren’t trying to blow us up and force some stupid religon on us it shuld be that lot that is kicked out on a shinkin ship.

yep heard one in our office saying hed failed some test so was now going home to be a policeman in poland