Going for full house of license... question on cpc

Query. Now a holder of dcpc card for hgv c and ce to 2019. If I was to go for my class D what is the score regarding medicals and cpc please (I am 31 so I presume I dont require another medical?)

Regards

leo.saphira:
Query. Now a holder of dcpc card for hgv c and ce to 2019. If I was to go for my class D what is the score regarding medicals and cpc please (I am 31 so I presume I dont require another medical?)

Regards

Due to your age you got car licence after 1996 so …
You will need to complete initial PCV DCPC modules 2 and 4 - once all PCV tests are passed then PCV gets added to your current DQC expiry date in 2019

If you did not tick D on the D2 form when you applied for LGV then you will need another medical - if you cannot remember then check the paper part of your licence and see if D is listed

So to conclude …
Medical = maybe
PCV Modules needed = 1a, 1b, 2, 3, and 4.

Make sure you have some assessments. You probably don’t need a full course as much of the C training carries over. Make sure you’re happy with the training vehicle - there are some prize wrecks out there and there’s little point in making life difficult.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Went to see Peter Smythe to do my cat D in dec 2011 , cracking vehicle and set up at Mansfield , only slight criticism would be that the vehicle used has the passenger door set back from driver (front engined) so makes the bus stop exercise slightly tricky when the examiner chooses the route with the bus stops along the hedge row :smiley:

Much better vehicle than any of the other companies are using, done an assessment elsewhere before and treacle gearbox spring to mind , stir it around there’s one in there somewhere :confused:

Now then - this is interesting

If you currently have a D1 with 101 restriction then this qualifies for acquired rights but this isn’t awarded automatically (check the DSA website and it clearly states this).

If you contact the DSA they will add acquired rights to your D1 101 which will trigger a new DQC with both D and C on the back both valid to 09/09/19 meaning you have a valid DQC for cat D but no real cat D entitlement

Now go do your D licence and you already have a valid DQC with cat D on it!, no initial DCPC required. Gotta be a money saver. Or just do the initial

I’d certainly contact the DVSA and enquire. Not done myself but do know of people or have. I must get round to doing this myself just so I know it works.

If you do try this let me know how it goes

If you currently have a D1 with 101 restriction

Wont have this as not old enough.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

If you currently have a D1 with 101 restriction

Wont have this as not old enough.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ahh yes … didn’t even spot the age :blush: :unamused: