Going for C+E

Passed class C 3 weeks ago with 2 minors ( using 1 mirror instead of 3 and could have indicated earlier than I did )

Licence came back yesterday so now in contact with training school about getting C+E and CPC done asap.

thing is I thought my instructor told me at some point they had artic and drags but it turns out they only have drags. they can contact another trainer and get me booked in on artic, which I thought was a very good service when I did not even ask about it.

But I liked my instructor and his style of training so I’m leaning towards just going for drag with a instructor I know is good and hoping on the same result as the first time.

The question: Is the difference big between learning on a drag, but I will be looking for work with on artic?

Thanks,

Davy.

All I can say is learning in an artic is EXCELLENT!

The way I see it is, learning on the drag is probably easier, due to the familiarity, but an artic is probably more practical. Either way, they 're both principally the same to drive, just a different pivot point.

Endgame:
The way I see it is, learning on the drag is probably easier, due to the familiarity, but an artic is probably more practical. Either way, they 're both principally the same to drive, just a different pivot point.

That’s what I was thinking as well, as long as I get the licence I can learn to drive after that :laughing:

Personally I want to train in an artic so I have paid to learn what I need to know when I get into the real world

I don’t just want the license but be left with no knowledge when it comes to driving artics

Depends how you look at it but that’s my angle.

dave_garner:
Personally I want to train in an artic so I have paid to learn what I need to know when I get into the real world

I don’t just want the license but be left with no knowledge when it comes to driving artics

Depends how you look at it but that’s my angle.

When you have your licence a company will expect you are able to drive a drag as well as artic no matter what you trained on.

and I believe all it will be is getting to grips with how to take a corner/ junction with a different type than you trained on.

and just like when you got your car licence you got taught how drive a car but you really learned how to drive when you had your licence. ( all tho 90% seem to forget how to do basic things like indicate or keeping in the left lane as soon as they passed their test. )

Davy.

It is easier in a W&D if you go down this road you could go to another provider do a few hr in an artic with the couple uncouple in

I did my 1st test in an artic failed then went to do in a W&D totally different place with a different instructor which was much better for me it made all the difference

Never drove a W&D since but have no problem with making the change to artic

You could look round have a test drive in both

I’ve seen a lot more W/D’s on the road.