\\\\\\\\\\going back to work

I am a class 1 driver who has been off work now for around a year and
a half and want to get back into international work.
i used to work for murfitts for a number of years, but they have gone
sold out .
can anyone suggest what to do now?

waterfall487:
I remeber rocket ron , Plus do you remember macon pat, geordie bob
i was swindon pete mostly on Mega,s ?.

my dad is macon pat he is now retired but still going strong lol

used to work for murfitts for a number of years

Welcome to TruckNet UK

there is a number of Ex- muppets on here…(Me included… Caravan Club member :smiley: :smiley: )

have a read through the various threads in this forum… this question has been asked a number of times and there is some good info… also you can research our old forums which has over 2 years of info CLICK HERE

besides that, as an ex Muppet you will have a wealth of info for other users of this site, please feel free to post replies to other members questions

waterfall487:
awaiting for my licence to return from swansea after renew :question:
i am then looking for work on the rock & roll moving :question: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: .

Good luck with that one,it’s not all you think it is. :wink: :wink:

Alinfrance:

waterfall487:
i am then looking for work on the rock & roll moving :question: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: .

Given that this thread is nearly 10½ years old I reckon it’s a bit late to wish him luck :slight_smile:

tachograph:

Alinfrance:

waterfall487:

Given that this thread is nearly 10½ years old I reckon it’s a bit late to wish him luck :slight_smile:

There’s always one

What happened to Rocket Ron
:laughing:
Also do you remember a young Indian Lad cant rem his name :stuck_out_tongue:

Another that fancied himself as Italian casanova :unamused:

I remeber rocket ron , Plus do you remember macon pat, geordie bob
i was swindon pete mostly on Mega,s ?.

ive met spanish bob in via stephenson milan. now THAT was an experience :open_mouth: :laughing: . 6ft plus, makeup, pink mohair sweater, ski-pants, hands like shovels...... scary but quite a nice bloke. (im married with two kids honest!) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Met spanish Bob myself once at Carisio {mama & papa,s]
Scary aint it :frowning: :frowning:

good job id been on the vino to soften the impact of seeing him anyway :open_mouth: :laughing: . have you tried the usual suspects for euro-work i.e - ribys in hull, em rogers northants, s+j pierce (luton area i think?). my mate starts for eddie stobbart next week running from burton-on-trent on euro work. i think its just a case of being in the right place at the right time. id say rh but unless you speak estonian you aint got a prayer on euro work now…(do i sound bitter ? :unamused: :laughing: )

hello swindon pete, european out of dover were taking on and theres quite a few ex muppets on there, we’ve had a few weekends in carisio including that one when i got all my cb bits from you and rocket ron when i got my first iveco and was having trouble setting my rig up, hope you get work quick, take care.
bolton steve.

:laughing: Ye remember that mate, plus being eaten alive by mozes :exclamation:
Although wasnt a bad life was it ,had a few laugh,s :sunglasses: :unamused:

mozzies? carisio? surely not… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . i used to spray inside the cab, have a net over the hatch, wear more chemicals than saddam ever buried :open_mouth: . run the aircon for hours, go to bed and then hear the one awkward one that refused to die with its high pitched whine. what a nightmare! spending the next hour in my underpants flapping around the cab like a demented loon chasing bits of fluff :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: those were the days…

Yep can remember One Driver climbing out of
his cab one morning, With more bumps on his face
than gonzilla after making love to mozzies all night :laughing: