Gobsmacked !

PVY 307 G Ford D Series little artic National Carriers.
VKU 59 K Leyland Boxer with Primrose 3rd axle.
YWX 761 S Bedford TM
B 802 CHE Scania Mk2
H 371 ■■? Scania Mk3

Just a few for starters!

R *** *** Current charge

first permament truck WSM 285W …leyland clysdale tipper…
distance wagon FSM391Y…maggie deutz 192m16 drawbar . :unamused:
jimmy

GGN 910 T

A Daf 2800 double bunked sleeper for Barbers Transport of Mitcham Junction, South London, the yard by the Goat pub, only I worked out of Beddington Lane. Never got a photo of the thing.

started on this dodge commander D777GHW about a year old

then went onto this JNH657Y merc 1617

then went on to this FFR400W even older but 1626 with backwards gearbox and loose in every one

it did get better until i got onto F reg had a couple of those then a couple of N regs
this mine now

jimbotruck:
I remember my first ever motor when I passed my class 1 in 1999 as a 21 yr old, B614 AHJ, a 6x2 tag axle Scania R112. Well used by the time I got it, it had a high ratio diff, no speed limiter and was a [zb] flying machine!!! I used to run maize germ in bulk tippers out of Cerestar @ Trafford Park over to Cargills in Hull every day… Oh happy days :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sorry about the [zb] quality picture

Got a job with Maguires of Cheltenham at 23, drove this F10 for a while, then got a 1997 R124 400 Scania.

PM transport from laa land! I used to work at ltc and we did that job for pm aswell

Was the money really bad at Maguires like everyone says it was? Low wages but loads of tat stuck on the wagons is how many I work with remember them.

sedd atk 210 rigid,M807SRS. Was on for Munro of Aberdeen

Bud143:

jimbotruck:
I remember my first ever motor when I passed my class 1 in 1999 as a 21 yr old, B614 AHJ, a 6x2 tag axle Scania R112. Well used by the time I got it, it had a high ratio diff, no speed limiter and was a [zb] flying machine!!! I used to run maize germ in bulk tippers out of Cerestar @ Trafford Park over to Cargills in Hull every day… Oh happy days :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sorry about the [zb] quality picture

Got a job with Maguires of Cheltenham at 23, drove this F10 for a while, then got a 1997 R124 400 Scania.

PM transport from laa land! I used to work at ltc and we did that job for pm aswell

Yep, that`s right, there was a few of us who were “wooly backs” (non scousers) we worked out of Manchester most of the time.

Think I remember you, was you the fat lad with glasses??

No pic sadly but iirc it was an ERF E ? EC? with a knackered Eaton Twin Split mated to a Rolls Royce Eagle 300, if you hit a bad bump it would drop out of gear when loaded lol, H92 WAT

I won’t mention my first truck; but the first real artic I drove on regular night out work was an ERF E10 325 (J919 SVR), for ‘Barry Bruce Haulage’ based out of Tempsford on the A1, near Sandy. He was a top chap, who gave me the necessary break driving artics when I had zero experience on the marque. Even after near 3 years 8-wheeler work (E&M Bacon), I still went into artic work with more than a degree or two of trepidation…

My first motor.
March 1983, just passed my test, 21 years old and proud as punch to be driving this old girl.

1st thing i drove was a 7.5t bedford tk WBV 870 V. 1st class 1 ERF B series with 240 gardner KCP 285 S. running carpets from rossendale to swanley kent all week.

pancho:
My first motor.
March 1983, just passed my test, 21 years old and proud as punch to be driving this old girl.0

Very cool, would love a go in one of the old school motors, oldest thing I drove was a Bedford MK with a crash box in the army, was quite ok actually :slight_smile:

chembro:
1st thing i drove was a 7.5t bedford tk WBV 870 V. 1st class 1 ERF B series with 240 gardner KCP 285 S. running carpets from rossendale to swanley kent all week.

was this for gaskells or national carpets?

largebloke1969:

chembro:

was this for gaskells or national carpets?

national carpets, working for joe barton, we did a bit of work for gaskells aswell tho.

I remember Maguires being parked in Erith Oil Mills, it seemed like days sometimes, where we got pulled in fairly quickly with the tanks. It was not a bad place for a few pints at the top of the road