Go Figure!!!!

I did a run last night from Southampton to Avonmouth. I took 339 chep pallets down there, they unloaded them and then reloaded me with 330 chep pallets.

Now the pallets I took down were the same type as I bought back, the guys down there couldnt give me an answer as to why the pallets were being swapped over, and I can’t think of a reason. If anyone knows then please tell me, as it is really bugging me. Not that I minded doing the run as it was a piece of cake, just seemed like a huge waste of money to me.

Unless it was a hire charge thing - do they charge for a pallett for free for so long so if you dehire them and rehire then the charges start all over again?/

maybee they needed to put them through the wash :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I did something similar for BT Chadderton, took a load of old pallets over to Golborne, near Wigan, brought back nice new ones. I dont care I got paid for it :laughing:

Were they for repair?

:open_mouth:
Stating the bleedin’ obvious here but…

was it because you have a simpleton working in your traffic office ? :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe it was only the 9 that were meant to go but they figured that would have been silly using a big truck for just 9 pallets so they sent 330 extra to make it look worth while. :wink:

I’ve taken a full load of " well used " or broken chep pallet’s down to Elche south of Alicante to a pallet workshop !!

Either:

1. Swapping old for new. Happens all the time. You take the old dirty or broken pallets in and get nice clean new ones.

2. De-hiring. You take in a load of pallets which are taken off customer X’s account and you pick up a load for customer Y.

Used ot do 2) all the time at Reed Boardall. Pop in with a full load to dehire off one account and, in my case, pick up a full load on Sara Lees account.

Deesider:
:shock:
Stating the bleedin’ obvious here but…

was it because you have a simpleton working in your traffic office ? :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hasn’t everyone? :laughing:

From the notes it looked like it was the same account, and as far as I could see the pallets were fine (but then I’m no expert on pallets), all they had were the normal ammounts of shrinkwrap on them. No doubt it all made sense to an accountant sat somewhere :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Coffeeholic:
Maybe it was only the 9 that were meant to go but they figured that would have been silly using a big truck for just 9 pallets so they sent 330 extra to make it look worth while. :wink:

:laughing: