Global fuel reserves

Deeireland:
Peak oil is years and years away.

Our peak oil use has been and gone…we are now on the downward slope I.e our use is dropping …there is enough oil under Canada alone to supply enough for 100 years even at the peak rate … Now take into account oil fields in the North Sea Falklands American/Australian deserts …not going to run out anytime soon …

As for the price and profit of the oil companies …they make the profits they do in the exploration drilling and refining of oil NOT the price at the pumps…even the garages don’t make money on pumps or if they do its minimal …they make the money on the extras we buy sometimes they make enough on extras to subsidise the fuel…

How do I know this? My old man worked for BP head office for a number of years and I ran a petrol station in a previous life

dogthehunter:

Deeireland:
Peak oil is years and years away.

there is enough oil under Canada alone to supply enough for 100 years even at the peak rate … Now take into account oil fields in the North Sea Falklands American/Australian deserts …not going to run out anytime soon …

As for the price and profit of the oil companies …they make the profits they do in the exploration drilling and refining of oil NOT the price at the pumps…even the garages don’t make money on pumps or if they do its minimal …they make the money on the extras we buy sometimes they make enough on extras to subsidise the fuel…

How do I know this? My old man worked for BP head office for a number of years and I ran a petrol station in a previous life

^ This.Road fuel retailers are just unpaid government tax collectors.