Glasses when driving

Well old age is catching up on me (45) and I’m finding that I’m having to wear glasses for driving and in the last week all the time
I need them for distance as one eye is weaker than the other this causing me headaches due to eyes working to hard to compensate
Any one else found that when they’ve hit wrong side of 40 they’ve had to get glasses ?

Is it a red trailer or a yellow trailer today ?

I’ve worn glasses since I was two and contact lenses unfortunately don’t work for me. You should find your headaches disappear almost immediately. I say that because your eyes will need to get used to wearing glasses.

If they are prescribed by your optician then your next medical will pick up on it and you’ll get a (01) code on your licence.

Ensure you carry a spare pair at all times as pulled for a check without your glasses and they see (01) on your licence you’ll be given a FPN

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
I’ve worn glasses since I was two and contact lenses unfortunately don’t work for me. You should find your headaches disappear almost immediately. I say that because your eyes will need to get used to wearing glasses.

If they are prescribed by your optician then your next medical will pick up on it and you’ll get a (01) code on your licence.

Ensure you carry a spare pair at all times as pulled for a check without your glasses and they see (01) on your licence you’ll be given a FPN

I found out how bad they were when on Friday I drove back from Wrexham wearing glasses then didn’t wear them going home or on Saturday and I had a banging headache all day , today I’ve Ben wearing them all time apart from reading and little or no headache

I am surprised that nobody has yet mentioned computer/phone screen use as a problem for our eyesight. My 13 yr old granddaughter now needs glasses and I am pretty certain that this is down to her IT use. She is really keen on IT technology-not games in fact-and spends a lot of time on her computer.

Could this be a cause of poor eyesight for some of you?

Dipster:
I am surprised that nobody has yet mentioned computer/phone screen use as a problem for our eyesight. My 13 yr old granddaughter now needs glasses and I am pretty certain that this is down to her IT use. She is really keen on IT technology-not games in fact-and spends a lot of time on her computer.

Could this be a cause of poor eyesight for some of you?

Reading up on my problem I think it was caused by a bit of rust I got in my eye 5 year ago and had to go to A&E to have it removed also other health problems related to coeliacs decease

I was told on my last HGV medical that I must wear glasses whilst driving, if any accident occurred and I was found not to be wearing them, it would affect the insurance apparentlly.
So I do now,.and I also got prescription sunglasses made.

robroy:
I was told on my last HGV medical that I must wear glasses whilst driving, if any accident occurred and I was found not to be wearing them, it would affect the insurance apparentlly.

Does your licence have (01) on the back? If not then insurance wouldn’t know a thing

stuwozere1:

robroy:

Does your licence have (01) on the back? If not then insurance wouldn’t know a thing

Don’t know mate never looked, but the medical guy said it would be official.
Tbh I wouldn’t, and don’t, drive without my glasses anyway.

Really I should be wearing them all the time, but vanity stops me. :blush: :unamused: :smiley:

robroy:

stuwozere1:

robroy:

Don’t know mate never looked, but the medical guy said it would be official.
Tbh I wouldn’t, and don’t, drive without my glasses anyway.

Really I should be wearing them all the time, but vanity stops me. :blush: :unamused: :smiley:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Put my glasses on once, never again! There was suddenly bloody traffic everywhere. :imp:

blue estate:
Any one else found that when they’ve hit wrong side of 40 they’ve had to get glasses?

Had them since about 20 and they really should stop the headaches, plus make you less tired when driving cars, trucks etc. I went from shattered to loads of energy the first day I wore them home.

As for not informing DVLA, yeah people do that but the police can conduct an impromptu eye check after an accident for example and you can get into bother if you fail regardless of whether you have 01 on your licence. Its a legal responsibility to check your eyesight is fit to drive.

Us oldies (46) have to deal with this, along with the aches and pains like getting on / off the catwalk. Don’t worry, that’s coming next. :slight_smile:

Finally, you might want to get a second pair and would recommend rimmed ones not rimless as they chip so easily on tarmac. Also if you have sunglasses, they need to be prescription for driving.

I was told 2 weeks ago I needed glasses for driving ( spec savers ) , I can’t tell any difference when wearing them to not wearing them , but never had headaches etc , or struggled to see to be honest before getting them
The ones that have made a big difference are my new reading glasses , reading is a lot clearer with new ones