Glasgow parking

Got my 1st trip north of the border tommow. Got a delivery Fri am. I’m collecting it at Burton on trent at 12 any advice for secure parking. I’ve seen route 74 on the parking forum and that looks fine but will I get in at about 7pm

Go for Route 74, good clean truckstop with leather sofas and friendly staff, if it is full up, they have an over flow parking area.
The food is good and a shop to buy frilly curtains and dream catchers.
Be careful not to miss the turning in to it as I had to a u turn on a dual carriageway.
Supermarket next door.
It is built by a wealthy quarry boss.
If you don’t get there, Motherwell is ok to park on the big Euro industrial estates.

I seem to think there was another parking area just past the entrance on the opersite side .

Would recommend Route 74 truckstop. Might be worth ringing ahead to pre book a space.

But very secure, big walls and fences and a security manned barrier you can’t get past without the man pressing a button. Food was alright, clean showers. Separate parking area for fridges so nice and quiet (assuming you aren’t a fridge!)

Tesco over the road if you need it. Also seem to remember picking up free wifi in the parking bit.

Punchy Dan:
I seem to think there was another parking area just past the entrance on the opersite side .

That’s for fridge motors, keeps the main parking area quiet!

don’t forget they still have the old speed limits over the border.

gezt:
don’t forget they still have the old speed limits over the border.

But only for the English, so I’m told.

If you are able to book a space at Lesmahagow I would go for it, it gets full pretty quick. Its a bit pricey for food and showers are 3 smackeroonies, worth it in my opinion, others don’t think so.

The food is a good and its a nice place, clean and tidy. Shop is decently too. UK Fuels at the pumps if that’s needed.

Your other options are Hamilton which is a Roadchef and on my boycott list and the Cairn Lodge, both of which are plain old services and probably not all that ‘secure’

A.

Glasgow has always been a bit of a no-go area for overnight parking , you may be better parking at your delivery point , but it depends who and where it is .?

Thanks for reply guys. I’ll find out delivery address and exaxt time in a bit and go from there but 74 is my preferred option. I’m not sure yet how close i need to get today as I don’t know how much driving time I need to leave tomorrow.