Gizza job, I can drive

I was “let go” by my most recent employer because I joined them after the 28th Feb, so at that time they couldn’t pay furlough money. Since then, I hear HM Gov have changed that date… :confused:

So, after looking and failing to find something useful to do, I’m wondering if I asked nicely, someone could give me a driving job?

All docs in date needed for CE…

no doubt someone will be along shortly to tell you that you might have a smidgin of a chance if you stated age,experience,endorsements,location and travelling distance to work.

apart from that you can earn up to £15 per hour heading towards east anglia for the next 6 months and work with the taliban sorting vegetables with a £50 per week bed in a caravan thrown in…seems too good to be true? dont limit yourself to sitting on your bum all day…moneys money.

Can the O.P. speak the language?

alamcculloch:
Can the O.P. speak the language?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he is doing not too badly with the joined up writing sofar,so will we give him the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes? :slight_smile:

if his name is bogdan or ends in ski,then its a different bucket of eels…

Sumsmeister:
I was “let go” by my most recent employer because I joined them after the 28th Feb, so at that time they couldn’t pay furlough money. Since then, I hear HM Gov have changed that date… :confused:

So, after looking and failing to find something useful to do, I’m wondering if I asked nicely, someone could give me a driving job?

All docs in date needed for CE…

was you still there on 19th of March, because they are allowed to re employ and put you on furlough and i think it can be backdated payments too… You can only claim for furloughed employees that were on your PAYE payroll on or before 19 March 2020 and which were notified to HMRC on an RTI submission on or before 19 March 2020.This means an RTI submission notifying payment in respect of that employee to HMRC must have been made on or before 19 March 2020. Employees that were employed as of 28 February 2020 and on payroll (i.e. notified to HMRC on an RTI submission on or before 28 February) and were made redundant or stopped working for the employer after that and prior to 19 March 2020, can also qualify for the scheme if the employer re-employs them and puts them on furlough…from gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-w … ion-scheme UPDATED 20th APRIL

Is this any good , no idea what a support shutter is though

DCE21F6D-E03B-4FD3-8B91-97E54E8419E5.jpeg

Been listening to a lot of legal phone in things lately regarding furlough.
Apparently if you was laid off because of date change but was employee by the new date… You can go back to your previous employer . And basically they can rehire you put you on furlough.
If left on good terms is worth asking them.
Plus you can also work elseware nothing to say you cant .
Worth asking

shullbit:
Employees that were employed as of 28 February 2020 and on payroll (i.e. notified to HMRC on an RTI submission on or before 28 February) and were made redundant or stopped working for the employer after that and prior to 19 March 2020, can also qualify for the scheme if the employer re-employs them and puts them on furlough…from gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-w … ion-scheme UPDATED 20th APRIL

That’s brilliant, I’ve emailed HR this afternoon and we’ll see what they reckon.
Thanks!! A lot!!

edd1974:
If left on good terms is worth asking them.
Plus you can also work elseware nothing to say you cant .
Worth asking

The boss took great pains not to just chop me off at he knees and explained it wasn’t going to be possible for me to go on the furlough scheme because I joined the company after the 28th February and he did say he wanted me back. I said I would probably sign on with an agency but I liked the job, the lads, the factory, the customers, the whole lot so I’m actually looking forward to going back.
I applied to a job advertised on Indeed, but they’d had 170 lads ring up before me…in about 4 hours…
Thanks!!

dieseldog999:
no doubt someone will be along shortly to tell you that you might have a smidgin of a chance if you stated age,experience,endorsements,location and travelling distance to work.

apart from that you can earn up to £15 per hour heading towards east anglia for the next 6 months and work with the taliban sorting vegetables with a £50 per week bed in a caravan thrown in…seems too good to be true? dont limit yourself to sitting on your bum all day…moneys money.

'Kin aye.
Work will always be found by those with the self determination to find it.

Sumsmeister:

shullbit:
Employees that were employed as of 28 February 2020 and on payroll (i.e. notified to HMRC on an RTI submission on or before 28 February) and were made redundant or stopped working for the employer after that and prior to 19 March 2020, can also qualify for the scheme if the employer re-employs them and puts them on furlough…from gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-w … ion-scheme UPDATED 20th APRIL

That’s brilliant, I’ve emailed HR this afternoon and we’ll see what they reckon.
Thanks!! A lot!!

Ah well, worth trying- we are monthly paid so the RTI didn’t go in till the 28th March, so no good. Appreciate the suggestion, shullbit, but back to looking I go!

Sumsmeister:
Thanks!! A lot!!

I’d be on the phone PDQ insisting on talking to HR as emails can conveniently go missing, that way they can confirm over the phone if you can be furloughed

peirre:
I’d be on the phone PDQ insisting on talking to HR as emails can conveniently go missing, that way they can confirm over the phone if you can be furloughed

Thanks peirre, but I got an answer to my email a couple of hours later - they are working from home but are spot on as far as I’m concerned.
Still looking!