Give us back our sun

I’m seeing on our local news that you lot are experiencing heatwave conditions, with temperatures up to 32⁰C. There are health warnings being broadcast to avoid the conditions.
Where I come from, 32⁰ is a pleasant, balmy, spring or autumn day.
Here, on the other hand, we’re suffering with overnight lows of 1~5⁰ with daytime temperatures below 20⁰ on a good day.
I personally think the government should be evacuating us when the thermometer drops below 20⁰.
With no hard feelings, I propose you give us back our pleasant, temperate climate and we will hand over your arctic conditions. No more will be said about you lot sefishly hijacking our sunshine. :wink:

Star down under.:
I’m seeing on our local news that you lot are experiencing heatwave conditions, with temperatures up to 32⁰C. There are health warnings being broadcast to avoid the conditions.
Here, on the other hand, we’re suffering with overnight lows of 1~5⁰ with daytime temperatures below 20⁰ on a good day.
I personally think the government should be evacuating us when the thermometer drops below 20⁰.
With no hard feelings, I propose you give us back our pleasant, temperate climate and we will hand over your arctic conditions. No more will be said about you lot sefishly hijacking our sunshine. :wink:

Just reminding you lot where most of your ancestors came from :wink:

blue estate:

Star down under.:

I’m not so sure “most” is an accurate adjective. :cry:

To be fair the low 30’s C are just normal euro continental summer temperatures which we are just lucky to get if the wind blows in the right southerly direction.Possibly the high 30’s C given a long fetched Mediterranean air mass.Which is obviously at least 3/1 against usually more with our North Atlantic dominated crap climate.
As for OZ there’s obviously a massive difference between Victoria v Queensland in latitude and resulting temperatures.The tropics aren’t known for their winters.

To add the temperature for Darwin tomorrow is 29C and 18C at night not bad for mid winter.
Whingeing Ozzies begrudging us our few weeks of Summer.

Star down under.:

blue estate:

Star down under.:

I’m not so sure “most” is an accurate adjective. :cry:

Sorry my bad , some who were in chains

38 degrees coming on Monday. Insane!

This thread is likely to be turned upside down :smiley:

ROG:
This thread is likely to be turned upside down :smiley:

What! TNAUS? :laughing:
I’d rather 38⁰ than 20 or below.
I used to work in the Pilbara region of northern Western Australia, where temperatures were generally in the mid to high forties and 50⁰, not uncommon. Fortunately, the very low humidity made it relatively comfortable.
Marble Bar, the hottest town on the continent, was a regular fuel delivery for me.

Bah Humbug! Anything over 18C should be banned :smiley: , The last few days have been a miserable hot muggy sweatathon with no sleep in this muggy air, I’d rather have the grey clouds & rain that Lancashire is known for than this heat, Bah Humbug.

lancpudn:
Bah Humbug! Anything over 18C should be banned :smiley: , The last few days have been a miserable hot muggy sweatathon with no sleep in this muggy air, I’d rather have the grey clouds & rain that Lancashire is known for than this heat, Bah Humbug.

When you drive East to west on M62 I get ready with my wipers as I get to little house on prerie :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

lancpudn:

When you drive East to west on M62 I get ready with my wipers as I get to little house on prerie :laughing: :laughing:

LOL :grimacing: I’m definitely not a sun worshipper, Never have been as I can get burned skin standing under a 100 watt bulb.

I’m not a sun worshiper either, but I firmly believe ice, snow and scenes depicting sub 20⁰ belong on Christmas cards, not in my environment.

It’s been 3 days without rain in Yorkshire and nobody has mentioned a hosepipe ban yet.Are we going soft?

Star down under.:
I’m not a sun worshiper either, but I firmly believe ice, snow and scenes depicting sub 20⁰ belong on Christmas cards, not in my environment.

Happy July :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve discovered on the new MAN’s if you set the night heater to Lo it blows ice cold air through the vents. I’ve been getting some funny looks the last few nights as truck drivers walk past my motor and hear the night heater going! :smiley: