Give me a old truck anyday

went out in a brand new 08 volvo today,what a awfull day, i must of spent a hour checking it before i went, it took me 3 shunts to get on bays i normally do in one, frightened i might scratch it , walk round checks every time i left it at a customers , just ad that gut feeling it was going to end up in tears
i was glad to park it up at the end of the shift , it looks lovely standing there all nice and shinny but id much prefer a couple of year old one.

I know what ya mean, im driving an old banger of an ERF at the mo and because im always up country lanes and in farm yards etc its enevitable it gets the odd scrape every now and again, but there are brand new lorries ordered for us, ill be scared silly.

Wouldn’t worry about it too much, you can be as careful as you want making sure it’s not scratched or abused, give it a couple of weeks and someone will have put a dent in it already and once theres one dent they spread like the plague. Usually the interiors that go first, bit of coffee on/in the dash, grease on the seats and doorcards.

Kiowan:
Wouldn’t worry about it too much, you can be as careful as you want making sure it’s not scratched or abused, give it a couple of weeks and someone will have put a dent in it already and once theres one dent they spread like the plague. Usually the interiors that go first, bit of coffee on/in the dash, grease on the seats and doorcards.

You must work at the same place as me :laughing:

timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u … 116100.ece :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nothing to do with the topic but it just made me laugh

Its only new for a day, someone will add some age to it soon enough. :laughing:

I have refused to drive brand new stuff before - Until someone else prangs it!

Had an 07 plate to drive before Xmas and was no way to get out of driving it. The boss was out driving it before I was due to meet him to take it over from him. A car pulled out on him at the last roundabout before he met and took the bumper off! After that the prangs spread like wild fire!

Eventually (after a ■■■■ up with the lifting gear) took delivery of my new wagon, shiny new Scania, shiny new hiab, all pleased with myself, and my new truck I then proceeded to drive like an old women!! scared of trees, other vehicles,flies, rain, acts of god etc etc! Life seemed less complicated (admittedly less comfortable) in an m reg iveco!! :laughing:

I’m happiest in something that’s already got the odd dent in it, cos ours get dented quite a bit here and there. Aparently it’s more important that the builders get there stuff 10 yards closer to where they want it, than it is to look after an 80 grand lorry. :unamused: