Gist Bellshill, Brown & Tawse/Wilson Steelstock

Do any you guys know what like either Gist at Bellshill or Brown & Tawse Steelstock are like to work for■■?

I know a couple of guys who’ve worked for gist Bellshill, formerly G&S International. Neither of them even lasted a week there!!! They usually look for drivers at this time of the year for strawberry season.

They called me a few weeks back but I was going on holiday at the time. I was put off when I seen them advertising for a tracker chaser

I speak regularly to a couple of Brown and Tawse drivers and they seem happy enough with the job

Got offered job with GIST Bellshill paid £9 per hour, I politely declined.

I did an assessment with gist a few years ago and that was as far as I went. They have statistics on the wall in the rest room and they separate driving and WTD infringements. Both had over 600 in the last calender month which suggests that either their drivers are terrible when it comes to compliance or there is a lot of pressure on them to get to destinations and compliance is sacrificed to meet schedules. Either way, not a hope of getting me behind a wheel there