Gist and Warburtons

I am fed up doing nights out. So i have interviews with both the above and was wondering what money and conditions are like. If it makes any difference both are based in bristol/thornbury.

Both firms are reluctant to talk about wages over the phone which is why im asking here.

The obvious thing to do then at your interview is ask how much they pay and get it from the horses mouth rather than someone off here, does that make sense :wink:

Indeed it does. But i have to take half a day off work unpaid to go for the interviews, so if it turns out they are only paying a pittance then i will cancel the interviews. I need to know they are paying the same or more than im earning at the moment.

I hope this makes sense :wink:

I know some people at Tuscany bakery in Castleford and no one ever leaves. Drivers are on about £27k and the small vans are on job and knock. Some do no more than 8 hours and all do less than 10. If you’re trunking to other bakeries you’ll be working no more than 10 hours. Done a bit of agency work for themand it seems to be a good place to work. They look after their own.

A few years back I applied for a job with Warburtons. Had interview and driving assessment and was offered a job. The conditions and pay were fine, it was the hours that put me off. Unless they have declined since then, I would say they are a good bet.

Gist in cambridge only pay £8 an hour when i ran about a job :exclamation:

Gist at Thatcham is a cracking job. M&S deliveries are a doddle and they rarely work more than 8 or 9 hours a day. The old timers are on stunning money going back to the old BOC Transhield days but i think newcomers are on different contracts. Nice place to work with nice people.

Thanks for the info chaps. Phoned Warburtons today to change interview days and the didnt bother ringing back. So will go to the gist interview and see how i get on.