Gilbraith Tankers Ltd

These people have been advertising for drivers in my local paper for some weeks now - anyone know anything about them - good or bad or whatever?

Cheers

Tom

Tom will find out T/row for you.

Hi Tom
My brother in law has worked for them for years at Widnes since RTS tankers closed down at Runcorn…happy as a pig in muck…he says it depends what work you want eg nights out or just regular days(which is what he does) The money depends on yourself and I`ve just put my application in also :unamused:
Dave

Yep agree with Dave drivers i have spoken to have no complaints, and worked there a long time.

Jacko/Dafman - thanks for that.

Cheers

Tom

Jacko/Dafmam - just a thought.
In view of what the both of you say (only good things) it is odd how Gilbraith have been advertising for so long. BTS Haulage are almost a permanent fixture in the Warrington Guardian with their advert - but I have heard many bad things about them so maybe this explains their advert. So as far as Gilbraith are concerned could it be that there is a genuine shortage of drivers with ADR because their advert stresses this is a must have? I always believed that the good jobs were filled by word of mouth and not by constant newspaper ads - just curious really!

Tom

Gilbraiths always use to be dead mens shoes work. I think the old hands have retired and the aggravation with hazardous and cleaning is too much for us young uns.

ADR work used to be paid well, now it is much the same as any other. why should anyone risk their health for a few quid.

I have driven tankers for over 20 years

two of my mates went to work there both left in a short space of time .they said tackle is old and it depends what contract you go on as to what money you earn . and as wheel nut Say’s theses days it’s the same money for adr work as none adr work. personally i love the tank game and after years 20+ at it i still enjoy it , so give it a go nothing to loose only experience to be gained .