Gilberts?

I heard today Gilberts from Sleaford area have closed the gates - does anybody have any info? If true its another nail in the coffin. :cry:

The number of times that people come on here and say " x,y or z company has closed, that’s another nail in the coffin " there must be more bloo dy nails than coffin.

I just wonder what the coffin is exactly?

Loads still need to be moved by road! trucks still need drivers to drive them!
Doesn’t matter what the industry is, business is survival of the fittest.

Sure, it’ll probably go that way with drivers soon enough buy hey, I’m up for it! Might get rid of some of the moaning old geezers who refuse to accept progress while we’re at it :smiley:

Alex

A former driver there told me on sunday that at the end of the month they are shutting up shop. Now as hes a former driver there not sure where he got his info from but hes not one for talking total rubbish.

is that geoff gilberts running nofolk line trailers. :question:

Yes,in the auction sectionof this week’s Commercial Motor his whole fleet is up for sale,due to the loss of the Toblerone contract,undercut by cheaper foreign competion.

That is a shame, one of the best known International fleets gone down the plug, hope everyone there gets sorted soon.

bloody hell alot of history down the pan there. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

cpwarren1:
I heard today Gilberts from Sleaford area have closed the gates - does anybody have any info? If true its another nail in the coffin. :cry:

if thats the gilberts on the a17 just down from swineshead bridge at the back of adrian padley motors , light mettalic blue trucks then the gates were open when i tipped there wednesday :confused: :confused: :confused: , seems strange to deliver there on a wednesday if there closing that day :confused: :confused:

The auction is on 3rd May.

Malcolm Harrison Auctions

Retirement Auction
On instruction from Geoff Gilbert of Geoff Gilbert International Ltd, due to his decision to close the Transport Operation.

Truck and Plant Trader 17th - 23 April 2008

yes they are no more. I worked there and my dad worked there many years in there glory days. It had been going that way a while long before they lost the big contract. The trailers were all about kerput and was starting to run nice white renault premiums rather than the nice blue scanias everyone knew and saw on the roads

What a shame,even though he used to keep his kit quite a long time,it was always immaculate.
Sad to see him go and i don’t think he will be the last.

Def not last to go maybe we should all join in with Grangemouth although it would be too late for you guys on with pawsons. Good luck to you all. I also heard that another company in newark laid 5 drivers off and sent back 5 leased units. Seems to be the same story at the moment