Gilbert Giraud

Anybody got any photos or remember Girauds in late 70s early 80s, maroon 60s bonneted lhd French regd. Scanias pulling tanker trailers, they were always running in pairs.

hi,
if i am thinking of the same giraud :question: they were a big operator.i have passed their yard many times,north of le mans.though?i only remember them as white,they used to run roadtrain’s way back.hope i am thinking of the same firm.
regards andrew

pete 359:
hi,
if i am thinking of the same giraud :question: they were a big operator.i have passed their yard many times,north of le mans.though?i only remember them as white,they used to run roadtrain’s way back.hope i am thinking of the same firm.
regards andrew

Yeah if it is the ones your thinking of Andrew, you are right they were white with I think blue and red lettering. We lived down the south west of France for a few years, and they were always down there. When I worked in Dover years ago the used to come in and go out on every boat, a bit like Norbert.

cheers

John.

Would that be the same Giraud that owns Barbour European of Stirling? Head office appears to be in Gildersome,Leeds.

:unamused: hi robroy, your right about the colour of giraud trucks, when i was pulling for ROBERT ARMSTRONGES i used to run into one of thier depots in paris, bit of a pigs earhole place to get to,i also used to see them down around the pierennis vineyards in southern france. those were the days.

A couple for you.

Fergie47:
A couple for you.

In this link there are photos of L Giraud and Giraud International, now Geodis

transports.blog4ever.com/blog/ph … 687-1.html

hi there fergie,thoses photos youve put up bring back some good memories,vitry sur sein loaded out of there place before mate nice one. :laughing:

We often serviced one of their long nose 110 Scanias at the agents in Wolverhampton, it was usually pulling a glassfibre wine tank and the driver would always fill a plastic bucket with red wine to help ourselves, it didn’t take many plastic cupfulls to give you a nice warm glow ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: