gibralter

hi every one waiting to start a new job doing uk gib and back any info of customs or any thing will be appreciated many thanks

Ask your gaffer or your new workmates.
They will know all the up-to-date information and which agents they use etc.

babet:
hi every one waiting to start a new job doing uk gib and back any info of customs or any thing will be appreciated many thanks

Its Gibraltar. . hope this helps x.

Suedehead:

babet:

As per usual some people seem more interested on picking up people’s spelling mistakes rather than addressing or helping with someones query. Sorry babet never been but know some people who do Morrisons regular to Gib so if you need any help with anything im sure I could find out if need be.

I did Gib for a few years,parking and unloading there is narrow and small streets,an agent from customs would send a lad on a moped to ■■■■■■ you to your tipping point,once tipped you get out or fill up at the marina with cheap fuel.
The Spanish customs are ok,but some times it can flare up a bit at the border,and they have a purge.
HGV parking, before you clear customs is at La Linea,plenty of Chinese restaurants,if you do not make the border by a certain time,you will have to wait until the morning when they open.
I have weekended in Gib,and did not like the beaches there,the one by the RAF camp is full of rubbish and dirty,you can enter Gib with your passport on foot,for English beer and food,there is a good Irish bar that has good food off the Main street.

freshneasy:

Suedehead:

babet:

As per usual some people seem more interested on picking up people’s spelling mistakes rather than addressing or helping with someones query. Sorry babet never been but know some people who do Morrisons regular to Gib so if you need any help with anything im sure I could find out if need be.

Sorry if i came across a tadge pedantic,like you i have “never been” so imo,by offering the correct spolling i was offering more help than you does.

Yeah that’s right, when the Gibbo’s upset the Dagos, the Dagos close the border at La Linea and you have to wait around and see if they are gonna open it soon or nip round to Algeciras port and offload into a little boat that will ferry it across. Good luck!

I prefered La Linea,Gib is overated.

I amin and out of Gib all the time, largely because I work out of there. I would guess that if you are doing a regular run to Gib and back then you will be working for Continental Express as they apart from the few Gibraltar companies who run a regular return service.

The customs agents on the Spanish side are located in the TIR compound offices,they also have offices in the town of La Linea, all within a 10 minute walk of the frontier. Gib customs is right along side the border before the new airport building. The agent you use will be indicated by your company - i beleive CE use Paublette in Spain.If you are carry foodstuffs you will need to clear Gib side and then get a clearance from the environment and health agency who are in the same building as the agents in Gib.

There really is not much too it unless you carry tobacco products which are a pain as they usually tip you out to check the goods in Spain prior to clearing you.

Exports from Gib to the EU are a litytle different to going the other way and can take a while to clear in Spain - especially if you use multiple agents for several export customers.

If you can stop en route at Puerto Banus there are some very nice ladies that will relieve you of your hard earned cash,there is not much room to park an artic,or by the beach,or park out of town and walk in.