Ghyvelde corridor

Hi folks,

I need to transit Belgium on a Sunday and use the corridor to get to Calais (haven’t done this for ages). Someone mentioned you now have to stop and get authorisation to do this, anyone know if this is true?

No need for authorisation, just come off the ferry/train and go, just make sure you have a vignet for belgium.

Not heard of that it has always been ok to run the corridor on a Sunday and believe it still is, the only upcoming change I know of is the pay per kilometre toll in Belgium which comes in in April

Stop to get authorised by whom and where, a man that sits in a tin shed all night.
Duff info mate.

you used to have to pick one up at the train if using it, or in the layby in france if returning to uk

malcolmj:
you used to have to pick one up at the train if using it, or in the layby in france if returning to uk

That was for non EU trucks only. I don’t think the machine is still in that layby,

GORDON 50:

malcolmj:

That was for non EU trucks only. I don’t think the machine is still in that layby,

That rest area has been closed for years,along with all the others heading towards Calais.

Suedehead:

GORDON 50:

malcolmj:

That rest area has been closed for years,along with all the others heading towards Calais.

Except for the last one right before the turn off for the ferry. The French are so considerate to all the illegals, they can get dropped off there and find another lift to the UK from there or Pidou.

Harbour shipping have been emailing me , about the OBU for Belgium! New toll system that comes into force April 1st. You have a choice of one that is hard wired! Or one that fits into cig lighter.

THE FIN103:
Harbour shipping have been emailing me , about the OBU for Belgium! New toll system that comes into force April 1st. You have a choice of one that is hard wired! Or one that fits into cig lighter.

The cig lighter is the easier solution if you don’t travel through Belgium every week, just make sure you get the vehicle details right and to push the ok button when asked. If you go to or trough often, the hard wired version is ok as you do not have to do anything.

Just, when leaving the services after a break, make sure it’s on green before you enter the motorway. I was already 5 miles down the road before it turned to green this morning. (hard wired version)