GGBS- Cement Powder Tanker manual- instruction needed

As it says above.
Is there any place I could get a manual, instruction, preferably a video that would explain all ins and outs of working on GGBS and cement powder tanker.
How to unload it , what to do in case of product blocking the pipe, what are those lever for, and how the whole thing works.
I might be offered by my employer to be trained on how to operate them, but I also know it takes a while to get hang of all aspects of operating these tankers. I wouldn’t want to ■■■■ things up while doing it on my own, especially if there is no one else who could help you resolve you problem.
I know I will get a few days of training, but would prefer to prepare myself on my own, as from what I’ve been told you learn most after you start working on your own through trials and errors.

Thanks

Do not bother with the instruction manuals, just pay attention to and listen to your trainer.
If you do manage to find a manual it will only confuse you, as I will be amazed if your trainer actually does it anything like in a manual.
Any tanker firm worth its salt will give you at least a fortnights training if you have never done it before. Oh and dont worry the first time you go on your own you will panic, before you start just stand back and run it through in your mind.

No manual will teach you how to blow a tank, it’ll take months/years before your arrival fully competent tanker driver, I’ve been playing at it for 16 years and wouldn’t do anything else. I’ve seen a chap lose his eyes! Don’t take the pipe off with pressure in the tank.

Take your time, you’ll always get people telling you ‘I can get this off in 25 minute, what you messing about at!’. These people are full of it, just trying to make themselves look clever. Just listen to what your being told by your instructor, it’s not rocket science lol

Hi, hkloss1

As the other posters have said a good firm will give you adequate training, after all if they let you loose not trained it could end up costing them a lot of money.
Two or three pointers , listen to the person training you, not all the others who out of best intent,say do it this way or that way. Just follow the one who’s training you to avoid confusion.
Don’t be afraid to ask how, one daft question is better than one dangerous mistake, importantly ,ask in the right manner and you will get a sensible answer.
Remember you are dealing with pressure which can be dangerous, and develope a routine for yourself ,that way when things don’t go right you aren’t running round like an headless chicken trying to find what’s gone wrong.
The job looks easy ,and it is when done properly, and doing it properly means no shortcuts and no danger.

Lastly, WORK SAFE!!

Cheers Bassman

I have just started doing ggbs and cement, whoever you work for will train you but my words of advice would be that before you start blowing check all your connections are on and safety clips in place, and then check them again !! secondly wear goggles not safety glasses cement will make a mess of your eyes

Just take notice of you’re trainer, and take you’re time when you are on you’re own, don’t try and rush, you will only end up blocking pipe, top advice from Shoshaye, never take pipe of with pressure in it, keep calm if you get into difficulty, and double check there’s no pressure left anywhere. If you need any help, we’ll do best we can to help you chap, once you get into it you’ll be fine… :smiley:

Some good advice has been given to you in this thread already, mainly listen to the trainer, if he is any good he will help you understand how it all works and won’t let you loose on your own until he is confident you are competent.

Hi Guys

Thank you all, for all your replies.
Sorry, for replying so late, been v busy at work lately.
Will definitely come back to you if I have any questions regarding GGBS/cement powder tankers job.
Thank you all once again for replying to my post.

I’ve just finished being trained by the " Dowadiddyman " ! And what he says is pretty much it. It’s pretty much common sense once you know what lever X & Y does, and it really is a process of elimination if anything starts to go wrong !
Not as daunting as it seems, and to be honest, it’s a piece o peees ! :laughing: