Getting Worse

Sad day this week. A Tossmac OD parked up ordered by the bank!! Heard another tipper fleet given drivers 90 days notice Cannot say name!!

Struggling to believe the company you are referring to are packing in for any other reason than personal.
Wouldn’t have thought it was for financial reasons as this company is an old established family firm,
my only thoughts would be there is no one to carry on, as I believe the son in law runs it at this stage under owner’s guidance, maybe with the way things are he’s just had enough!
More work for the wibbly (MW) wobbly squadron then, maybe.

Yes my text said “just fed up with job”

snowchain:
Struggling to believe the company you are referring to are packing in for any other reason than personal.
Wouldn’t have thought it was for financial reasons as this company is an old established family firm,
my only thoughts would be there is no one to carry on, as I believe the son in law runs it at this stage under owner’s guidance, maybe with the way things are he’s just had enough!
More work for the wibbly (MW) wobbly squadron then, maybe.

would certainly be a great pity to see either great companies in trouble , here`s hoping this is just another silly rumour for all concerned .!!!

It’s a jungle out there and the weak get chomped.

So many firms are running at a loss just to get cash flow that the sensible outfits have no chance. Eventually the cowboys will crash and burn and maybe a phoenix will rise from the ashes.

Santa:
It’s a jungle out there and the weak get chomped.

So many firms are running at a loss just to get cash flow that the sensible outfits have no chance. Eventually the cowboys will crash and burn and maybe a phoenix will rise from the ashes.

This industry has always been hard, even when times were good there were not brilliant, the big old established firms who were always seen as reliable and will be there forever are being squeezed more and more by the cost of general running and the competition from Europe on the big customers mean that they are no longer a viable options for banks to lend to, sad times.

tarmactipper:
Sad day this week. A Tossmac OD parked up ordered by the bank!! Heard another tipper fleet given drivers 90 days notice Cannot say name!!

a local tipper firm in our area is packing in soon, mind they packed in a few years ago and after a short time away started up again doing the same work for the same crap rates as before!
I know it’s bad news for the drivers involved but better news for other local hauliers as firms like this have been chopping rates for years!