Getting Transport Manager's CPC without paying for classes

I just saw a post in the “FOR SALE OR SWAP” section of this forum where someone is selling a RHA home study pack at an auction starting with £0.01. I know a Transport Manager CPC class course can cost £1,500-£2,000. Has anyone ever got their Transport Manager’s CPC studying at home by himself? How hard was it?

How much can you save by having your own CPC instead of paying an external Transport Manager?

I’m planning to get my O’ licence and not sure if I should hire an external manager or get my own CPC?

I did mine by Home Study, but you have to really commit to it,
I went on a revision day before the exams, everyone else there had been on a weeks course the previous week,
I did R1 on the Wednesday Morning,
R2, Wednesday afternoon, then the exams on the Friday

I think it depends on how you are at studying, I knew I’d get to easily distracted so went for the 2 week course. I think it was £1200 all in.

You do need to apply yourself to the course whichever way you decide, but if you are planning to run your own truck I think it would be an advantage to have your own CPC than having to pay somebody.

I know the temptation is to try to save money, but it is a tough course. you will need help.

Hi,
I completed mine home study. It took 2 weeks then I sat the exams. It’s a lot of info to learn in one go (I literally lived and breathed the 400 odd pages of the home study pack).
As another user has posted here, you really have to commit to it.
I am 21 and passed last year. Just put the time in :slight_smile: