Getting paid less for OT hours than normal hours, wtf?

All us Agency ( I know, sorry) drivers of John Lewis 7.5t puddle-jumpers ( I know, sorry) got called in to our regular Thurs morning meeting.
We got told that we had been being overpaid by 34p per hour while on overtime.
Apparently, our rate of 14.34 includes a shift enhancement of 34p per hour, but when we go into overtime rate the shift enhancement ceases. so, 14 pounds per hour for Flat Rate/OT.
Tbh, I couldn’t give a ■■■■, 14ph on OT is fine by me, and the hours of overtime I’ve had add up to about a fiver extra because of the 34p. No great loss.
And this, apparently, brings us Agency dudes (I know, sorry) into line with the John Lewis guys.

But still, what were the effin unions thinking when they negotiated THAT one■■?

:open_mouth: I’m paid normal rate to 48hours and time half after , Saturdays time and half
Sundays and bank holidays double bubble :smiley:

blue estate:
:shock: I’m paid normal rate to 48hours and time half after , Saturdays time and half
Sundays and bank holidays double bubble :smiley:

Old school (nearly)! Like it! :smiley:

Well if we’re playing overtime Top Trump’s, here’s mine! (I’m sure there will be better):

x1.5 after 9.5 hours each day
Saturdays x1.5 for first 4 hours, then x2.
Sundays x2
Bank holidays x2 plus a day in lieu (which they can’t be bothered with, so we get x3 instead).

Ziltoid:
Well if we’re playing overtime Top Trump’s, here’s mine! (I’m sure there will be better):

x1.5 after 9.5 hours each day
Saturdays x1.5 for first 4 hours, then x2.
Sundays x2
Bank holidays x2 plus a day in lieu (which they can’t be bothered with, so we get x3 instead).

x1.5 after 8 hours
Saturdays Flat £120 then x1.5 after 8 hours
No Sundays
Bank holidays Flat £120 then x1.5 after 8 hours plus day in lieu

And yet there are still guys in the yard who moan that we are unfairly paid :unamused:

Can anyone work out our overtime rate its not time and half a third or a quarter ? I think the word starts with S it has a H in it and theres also a vowel involved and ends in T.
Normal £10.06 for 45 hours
Hour deducted per day for dinner
Overtime £12.84
And that`s for Class 1 ADR
Professional drivers when it suits

Used to get 1.5 after 8.
But recently put the basic up…but not o/t.
Don’t know wether to be happy or sad. :confused:

commonrail:
Used to get 1.5 after 8.
But recently put the basic up…but not o/t.
Don’t know wether to be happy or sad. :confused:

I see what you are saying commonrail ,but companies don’t do anything unless it benefits them in the long run :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Too true