Getting Holiday pay out of my Agency

Did some work for agency between Dec for 5 weeks and another period of 8 weeks during Feb and March.

Now I was told when I signed up that I would be intitled to holiday pay - so all I had to do was ask to see how much holiday I have banked. Now that work has slacked and have not had any since March with this agency, I have Sent a letter to them asking for full payment of holidays owded with my timesheet and tachos. Still to date nothing… even though it meant me calling them twice since the letter and they have not done nothing.

Its starting to annoy me now as they refuse to say how many days I am owed.

Is it worth given them one moe chance by letter via recorded post and start legal paperwork (small claims court?) if again they ignore the letter?

Help

Mick

Somewhere in your contract it should tell you about holiday pay. The agency I work for sometimes pays an extra 50p per hour for holiday pay, which you can have them ‘look after’ for you or have it paid each week.

AFAIK it is a legal requirement to pay agency drivers holiday pay now, so unless they have included it in your weekly wage, then you should get it. If they are being funny, a phone call to the department of work and pensions might be worthwhile, otherwise the small claims court would certainly rule in your favour - although you still have to get the money, even after a ruling, and that can be costly.

little update on this as I now got 2 firms owing me money! the ■■■■■ !

Right the agency…

I have spoke to them again 2 weeks and still nothing - now I have spoken to them again on Monday requesting my p45 and full pay. (I am lead to believe that they can not refuse a P45?

If they don’t do it this time I will be filling for Small Claims Court (as time with the other one who owes me 6 days wages)

Mick

Hi xlthunter, It appears that what you’re talking about is an ‘unlawful deduction from wages,’ which is normally dealt with by an Employment Tribunal.

The fact that you have performed some work is usually taken as indicating that you agreed to the ‘offer’ made to you.
I’d advise that you should check all the terms and conditions regarding your pay very carefully, before you pull the trigger. :grimacing:

Another reason not to work for an Agency.

quiet argee - this should be the last time I ever work for a agency!

I will did out the contact and read it though (post here if need to)

Mick

‘unlawful deduction from wages,’ which is normally dealt with by an Employment Tribunal.

I don’t think that is correct as a tribunal has no authority to ORDER AND ENFORCE any action it decides on.