Getting fed up with agencies

tiggz:
the hours of working availability is from 3 in the afternoon to 6am the next morning…

Shame you’re not up my end of the world. Hygena, now MFI, have loads of agency on nights and they’re there fulltime starting around 5pm and finishing about 2am.

The jobs are there but you need to find which agency is in the places you’re looking at.

What irritates me with agencies is the way they advertise that they have got vacancies for all classes, all areas, all times, and then when you go in to sign up they have one day doing skips next week.

Try parcel trunking for DHL , business post or parcel force or royal mail or some such I would have thought there’s a depot near you, easy life. Your on a looser if you think you can get regular hours in same company for the agency, only a few like this. Get a permanent job.

Get a job in that security hut at Swindon D.C. hours to suit you and as much coffee as you like but i think there is a neccessity for body odour…:wink:;).

Sir LANs-a-lot:

westie:
… Some drivers are lucky and live in area’s that do have a driver shortage some of us are not so lucky. Don’t assume that because some area’s are busy everyone must be able to find a job…

Amen - well said…

I couldn’t agree more about the area thing I am incredibly lucky with both my area and my agency. T accessability of Nuneaton, Tamworth and Atherstone to the motorway network has seen a huge amount of RDC’s spring up over the years. I am currently on a long term contract at a large well known company and I had a choice where I wanted to go. I was shown around by an agency lad who had been there 2 years :open_mouth:. It does sound that parcels is the answer Tiggz.

Thanks for all your replies positive and negative…

As for parcels, I’m in Royal Mail but funnily enough there is no work, been told it will pick up next week. Next weeks bills ain’t gunna get paid though!

I’ve been around long enough to know what the agencies are like, they scream for drivers saying, like some one has said, we need drivers, you go in and theres nothing. They say one thing and do another.

I’ve called a few agencies that i’m registered with and it just seems like there is a lull before the storm so to speak.

Todays 2nd mission is to cold call transport managers… wish me luck

Go for it Tiggz keep fighting! :wink:
It’s hard for me to understand many of the posts about agency’s but I have never had any problems and I have been agency on and off for 4yrs now but as I said before, I must be lucky.

I am also agency and never had a real problem with work. At the moment I’ve even got two branches of the same agency ringing me up for work!

Perhaps you need to go into the agency office and explain to them exactly what your issue is; and that you don’t want to knock back work but your child is obviously your first priority.

I tend to ask the office staff what they would do in my situation, and it soon shuts them up. For example last week they asked me to do a shift where it would be a TWO hour drive just to get there, with no garunteed finishing time. Would YOU do it? I didn’t think so.

DON’T GIVE UP & DON’T LET THE KNOCKERS DISHEARTEN YOU, IF DRIVING IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, THEN DO IT, IT CAN BE DONE.

Good Luck DAXI.

No need to shout! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Tiggz. Have you seen tonights Adver? 2 jobs that might be of interest. Homebase at Swindon and Gregorys at Yate (I know you might have to travel but the Gregory job specifically mentions nights). If you need any more info let me know.

TNT Newsfast (Patchway, next to the M4/M5 junction) are also advertising for C+E drivers on nights (4 on 4 off). PM me if you’re interested.

Haven’t got the adver yet twister, i’ve already seen the gregorys’ one though, not really keen on the travelling for a permanent job though, theyre not going to pay me extra for costs of running back and to work.

Homebase i’d be interested in though. The adver will be here this avo.

Tiggz you’ve got PM.