Getting Dumped

Well as the title says i got dumped today.

Finding it a bit hard 29 now with no partner time is running out for me to start my family and stuff so any advice would be good on how to get over it.

As you guys know doing the driving game reduces your friendship circle at home, and does not work well for relationships. I’m not driving anymore and work in the office but it seems to not help me in holding a relation

First off 29 is nothing, a mere whippersnapper of an age. Plenty of time for you and time to find a more amiable girl.

i know mate but hurts like hell worse thing about it is i was going to ask her to marry me next week

Sorry to hear that mate, but maybe its better it hapened now than when you tied the knot - thats when it gets messy. 29 is still young plenty of time ahead of you to settle down and start a family. Just get back out there and start again!!

me and the missus split lastnight, got back tonight as it was my fault and i apologised over and over, sent her flowers online, my attitude towards her stunk! made me realise but it was ■■■■■■ awful feeling, i havnt been to bed since, on day two now yawn

what im trying to say is there no way for you 2 to rekindle, if not i know how you feel brother, your most definatley NOT on your own, time is a healer, go for a drive, worked for me in the past.

29 is still young, most people dont start family til there in there 30’s but all depends on circumstances

best thing to do is keep urself occupied, always found that working or doing something kept my mind off it for a bit,

it is hellish and being a driver isnt the best for relationships, my last one failed ont hat, and also her posh uni frineds not liking me cause im a big smelly trucker.
just hope i see them in the truck one day…:slight_smile:

i cant see why being a trucker would harm a relationship, time apart can be good aslong as you’s keep in regular touch, ring a lot etc, maybe bring her home a nice wee present etc also euro work has few days off at a time right? other cases your home everynight, live for the weekend etc.

try take few hols (long weekends for you both) quiet regular

your bringing home the bread so :grimacing:

gogzy:
best thing to do is keep urself occupied, always found that working or doing something kept my mind off it for a bit,

it is hellish and being a driver isnt the best for relationships, my last one failed ont hat, and also her posh uni frineds not liking me cause im a big smelly trucker.
just hope i see them in the truck one day…:slight_smile:

If it’s any consolation I split from my partner a few years ago and then when I was 34 I met my current partner who is 23, she was 18, nearly 19 when we met!! :wink:
Anyhow, she is at Uni and I am 38 but get to hang around with her and her (early 20’s!) friends and we are planning to marry and move to Oz within 4 years.

You know what? You want to join something like match.com
Before you laugh, it’s not full or weirdos, a lot of professonal carrier women who have worked hard to get good money, a nice house and car then hit 30 and realise their biological clock it ticking. You can check people out on there and message each other and stuff instead of an awkward date and se how it goes. What have you got to lose?
I met my missus when I text a wrong number, we got texting, I called, we chatted and then we got on really well before we had even met in person.
Some people like the fact that I am a trucker, especially her uni friends. It’s a novelty. What about joining facebook too, the lok for groups with things that interest you, take part in discussions and then people will add friend requests and stuff. I met loads of friends through that all over the country.
Trust me mate, 29 is nothing, and with men, unlike women, there is no biological clock ticking away either.