Getting back into driving

Hi all,
I am need of advice, I passed my class one nearly six years ago however have only driven in drips and drabs for the last five years did drove class 2 and 1 full time for about 8-9months,I have recently decided that the job I have done for nearly 20 years (mechanic and mot tester) will drive me insane if I don’t get out now!!!
What I would like to know is has anyone worked for or know anyone who has worked for BJS, JMS or mcgregor all in doncaster, what are they like or does anyone know any companies that are willing to give a hard working, honest and trustworthy but inexperienced driver a chance?
Going to see above companies in the next few days just wondered if anyone could give me a heads up before hand.

Many thank Carl

Stobarts are always good for new drivers. They’re currently advertising for transporter drivers in Donny. Whether they let newbies out in them I don’t know.

Failing that Goole is within commuting distance.

Thanks for your reply Terry
Emailed my cv last night to several companies and heard back from one this morning, arranging an interview for next week, quite nervous to be honest! Don’t know what to wear or to expect better brush up on my driver hours and WTD!

For the interview i would dress smart in a suit but pack some work vlothes in the car in case they ask for a drive of their truck.
Some safety boots and a hiviz vest or jacket.
There may be a basic tacho hours test and a pre- trip daily safety check on the truck of which you show them what checks.
A firm hand shake on arrival at the interview and try not to ramble on.
Research the employer and quote some facts and figures to show an interest.
Do not forget,the interviewer will be just as nervous as you will be.

How many dcpc hours have you done so far? - I ask because many employers are also asking that question

Thanks for the replies, was think of going in my suit but wasn’t sure. Rog I’ve got full 35 hrs!