Getting annoyed at keeping to the limit

dieseldog999:
is there not anyone else on here that just completely ignores every speed limit constantly if it suits them and not think anything of it?
its not because i want to brown nose anyone and its not because im bullied by some ■■■ in a office.
the only time i get stressed is if im wanting to get somewhere and myopic road commanders adhere rigidly to speed limits cause rolling roadblocks where others recklessly overtake just to get them out of their road.
the roads and trucks have changed from the days of atki borderers and moggy minors when the speed limits were introduced.
accidents constantly hapen 24/7 to anyone no matter what speed they are going at.
boredom shifts and boredom trucks and jobs cause most of them especially on the motorway.

I speed everywhere, though I do slow down in town. The truck does 62 and I’ll do that everywhere I can.

I can’t understand these clowns who know they are getting up everyone’s noses with their pathetic road commander attempts. If you are holding up faster traffic, pull over and let it pass, it’s not difficult.

TheUncaringCowboy:

dieseldog999:
is there not anyone else on here that just completely ignores every speed limit constantly if it suits them and not think anything of it?
its not because i want to brown nose anyone and its not because im bullied by some ■■■ in a office.
the only time i get stressed is if im wanting to get somewhere and myopic road commanders adhere rigidly to speed limits cause rolling roadblocks where others recklessly overtake just to get them out of their road.
the roads and trucks have changed from the days of atki borderers and moggy minors when the speed limits were introduced.
accidents constantly hapen 24/7 to anyone no matter what speed they are going at.
boredom shifts and boredom trucks and jobs cause most of them especially on the motorway.

I speed everywhere, though I do slow down in town. The truck does 62 and I’ll do that everywhere I can.

I can’t understand these clowns who know they are getting up everyone’s noses with their pathetic road commander attempts. If you are holding up faster traffic, pull over and let it pass, it’s not difficult.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
if only there were more knights of the road like us,how sweet life would be… :slight_smile:

cgscott:
Try driving at 58mph in the slow lane of motorways to avoid lorrys rearing up and having to overtake you. Bet your one of the nervous type who trundles onto motorways at 40mph and takes 2 mile to reach 55mph.

Why would he need to speed? It’s the idiot drivers behind him. Whom need to chill … it’s a limit not a target. He has s. it obliged to do the maximum if he so wishes… maybe if the idiots behind decided to knock a few clicks off the limit they might be less stressed … what is a few minutes on the day if it eases stress■■?

Mazzer2:

DickyNick:
It’s amazing how professional drivers get annoyed at you driving at exactly 30mph in a 30mph limit but then when it goes to national speed limit and you accelerate to 50mph they are in the distance, until the next roundabout where you slow down gradually and they come speeding up (at about 45mph) and brake at the last possible second. Then get annoyed at you again for driving at exactly 40mph in a 40mph limit.

And in other news the sun will set this evening and rise tomorrow morning, what is it with everyone getting excited about what someone else does just let them get on with it what harm are they doing to you? If the man behind you wants to give himself a heart attack through stress then that’s his choice although if this sort of thing stresses you out I’d say you’ll not be to long before you’re needing the jump leads

But the problem is that some drivers do get stressed about idiots sitting too close to their rear ends. They may have been rear ended by some idiot in the past or have a relative that has been injured or worse and that makes them nervous and you canot blame them.
But going back to what DN was saying it seems a lot of drivers think it’s perfectly ok to drive over the limit which is fine as long as they are not harrassing some law abiding driver while doing so.
Simple solution, get the idiots off the roads.

Try driving at 58mph in the slow lane of motorways

Just mentioned the other day about lack of knowledge of the roads and this just clarifies it. :unamused:

But the problem is that some drivers do get stressed about idiots sitting too close to their rear ends. They may have been rear ended by some idiot in the past or have a relative that has been injured or worse and that makes them nervous and you canot blame them.
But going back to what DN was saying it seems a lot of drivers think it’s perfectly ok to drive over the limit which is fine as long as they are not harrassing some law abiding driver while doing so.
Simple solution, get the idiots off the roads.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^
+1
WELL SAID.
if you cant comfortably drive well in excess of any speed limit then you shouldnt be driving in the 1st place.

if you cant comfortably drive well in excess of any speed limit then you shouldnt be driving in the 1st place.

Not quite sure what you are implying here but I am sure most drivers have the ability to drive well above the speed limit but some respect the rules of the road and like to keep their license clean.
They have the sense to realise how things can go wrong very quickly and how innocent people can lose their lives through some idiot who is always in a hurry and has no respect for anyone else.

The one place to put these drivers that think they can drive fast is on a race track and then they see how absolutely useless they are and because they drive 20 mph over the limit or more and think they are the next formula one star they suddenly realise they have no ability to drive fast at all.

jakethesnake:

Not quite sure what you are implying here but I am sure most drivers have the ability to drive well above the speed limit but some respect the rules of the road and like to keep their license clean.
They have the sense to realise how things can go wrong very quickly and how innocent people can lose their lives through some idiot who is always in a hurry and has no respect for anyone else.

The one place to put these drivers that think they can drive fast is on a race track and then they see how absolutely useless they are and because they drive 20 mph over the limit or more and think they are the next formula one star they suddenly realise they have no ability to drive fast at all.

I think when Ford released the D series truck in 1965 they got Jim Clark (then a 2 time F1 champion) to drive one round Brands Hatch. Put up very respectable lap times until the tyres began to give up.

If we all did 56+, we would all get home early. Where’s the team spirit?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Buckstones:

jakethesnake:

I think when Ford released the D series truck in 1965 they got Jim Clark (then a 2 time F1 champion) to drive one round Brands Hatch. Put up very respectable lap times until the tyres began to give up.

That would have had the V8 in it then I would think. Jim Clark was special and a fantastic racing driver.

cgscott:
Try driving at 58mph in the slow lane of motorways to avoid lorrys rearing up and having to overtake you. Bet your one of the nervous type who trundles onto motorways at 40mph and takes 2 mile to reach 55mph.

Ermmm no I’m not the nervous type, but I do “trundle” onto a motorway at slower speed than 56mph incase as I’m coming down the slip road there’s no gap to get into or the vehicle in lane 1 can’t move over. Sounds like your one of these bullies who’s comes hammering down the slip road expecting everyone already on the motorway to give way to YOU!

jakethesnake:

Buckstones:

jakethesnake:

Agreed, saw him drive a few times, F1, Lotus Cortinas too. I think the Ford truck was a 4 wheel tipper, could have had the 150 BHP Turbo 360 6 litre?
That would have had the V8 in it then I would think. Jim Clark was special and a fantastic racing driver.

What you saying Bucks tones?

DickyNick:

cgscott:

Ermmm no I’m not the nervous type, but I do “trundle” onto a motorway at slower speed than 56mph incase as I’m coming down the slip road there’s no gap to get into or the vehicle in lane 1 can’t move over. Sounds like your one of these bullies who’s comes hammering down the slip road expecting everyone already on the motorway to give way to YOU!

No i approach the motorway at correct speed limit in both lorry and car. Thus allowing people to maintain there speed on motorway when i aprroach from the on slip. Avoids lorries having to slow down.

I do sometimes shave a few miles ph off to slip in behind a fellow trucker if need be. Id rather not force someone to slow after all they have maybe been sotting on cruise cintrol for 15 minutes or more.