Getting a ride out

Is there anyway of getting a ride out as a passenger in a class1 to see what it is like before commiting to all the lessons etc does anyone offer this. I would be happy to pay someone to let me. I am in the Warrington area?

Why not get your provisional licence and approach a reputable trainer for a 1hr assessment?

Almost certainly won’t happen. Firstly because these companies don’t know you, for all they know you could be trying to rob the vehicle or something, this is why most insurers won’t allow it. Secondly, Covid restrictions would probably not allow it either.
To be honest, there’s not much you would really learn as a passenger anyway, it’s either something you want to do and think you can, or it isn’t. The best way to find out is to actually try doing it. Contact a few local training providers and ask about assessment drives, most offer some fime behind the wheel (usually for free) before you commit to booking anything.
Also, never offer to pay a company for what effectively would be you doing work for them or gaining experience. Even if you just sat on a passenger seat, you’re giving your time, if they think your time is worth so little to you, then they wouldn’t think twice about offering crap pay if you were to apply for a job with them in the future. If you don’t value your time why should they?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Col81:
Is there anyway of getting a ride out as a passenger in a class1 to see what it is like before commiting to all the lessons etc does anyone offer this. I would be happy to pay someone to let me. I am in the Warrington area?

You can come with me im doing night work, with eurocarparts however you will need to assist with loading/unloading which will 100% put you off and shy you away from this industy

Well done TDB, going out for a ride along is worth its weight in gold, hopefully someone will offer you a daytime trip too.
Most of us sadly can’t do this any more as most companies won’t allow passengers unless company employees.

There should be no need for payments, though if you bought the coffees or breakfasts along the way that would be thanks enough for most of us.

Thank you for the reply’s. A lot of people are unhappy in there roles but they do pay well in my opinion its seems common to earn £35-£40k Class 1 which is a good wage.

Unfortunately you are a long way from me, but this is something I could have helped with.
My company are fine with passengers, my Mrs comes out with me a lot.
I tramp out all week but get back to the yard to trailer swap and back up the road most days.
Unfortunately we’re in Newport, South Wales.
Must be someone closer to you who can do the same…

Col81:
Thank you for the reply’s. A lot of people are unhappy in there roles but they do pay well in my opinion its seems common to earn £35-£40k Class 1 which is a good wage.

Even minimum wage is a good wage when you’re doing 60 hour weeks haha.

But no, tis a good job. There’s work 24 hrs a day 7 days a week so you can find any times to suit you.

Easiest job I’ve ever had.

I think a good chat with a current driver about the highs and lows and ins and outs of it before I commit would be great

Thing is every job is different.
My job is so easy I feel guilty when I get paid. I have mates who really earn there wages though, in jobs I just wouldn’t do…

It is a good idea so maybe find some owner drivers that won’t object to a bit of company and someone to talk to .