Getting a new lorry

After spending the last 4.5yrs freezing in our yellow daf trolleys,just found out that come march2012 they getting replaced with sleeper cabbed volvos.Hopefully some of our drivers will treat them bit better than they did the dafs.

jim1970:
After spending the last 4.5yrs freezing in our yellow daf trolleys,just found out that come march2012 they getting replaced with sleeper cabbed volvos.Hopefully some of our drivers will treat them bit better than they did the dafs.

doubtful :unamused:

Ive had my Alpha 7 years in January and there are rumours Im having a new one sometime in the new year. However on this firm, if you’re mentioned in the rumour, experience says it wont be you. I did take a spare Y reg 8w to our yard today thats being sold on thursday.

doubtful

Got to agree they just hand out any unit to anybody so most dont take an interest in them.

Muckaway:
Ive had my Alpha 7 years in January and there are rumours Im having a new one sometime in the new year. However on this firm, if you’re mentioned in the rumour, experience says it wont be you. I did take a spare Y reg 8w to our yard today thats being sold on thursday.

The lease is up on the 60 units between feb and april 2012.

jim1970:

doubtful

Got to agree they just hand out any unit to anybody so most dont take an interest in them.

Hi Jim, I don’t know you or the company I wonder if it is Mr M from near Bellshill ?

I agree with you regards just handing the keys of any unit, I have been with the same
company for almost a year , they are good to work for however I drive a different tractor
unit every day , and cant keep my stuff in it or for that matter take a pride in the unit.
maybe not putting my point across well as I will always report a defect etc .

glencarron:

jim1970:

doubtful

Hi Jim, I don’t know you or the company I wonder if it is Mr M from near Bellshill ?

I agree with you regards just handing the keys of any unit, I have been with the same
company for almost a year , they are good to work for however I drive a different tractor
unit every day , and cant keep my stuff in it or for that matter take a pride in the unit.
maybe not putting my point across well as I will always report a defect etc .

Yes its them i m on for.Been there 13yrs and never seen a fleet in such a state.We got a lot of agency in and one of them said that actually our fleet is pretty tidy compared to some other big fleets. :open_mouth:

jim1970:

Virtually our entire fleet was replaced less than a year ago, some of the units smell like dog kennels and every trailer without exception has been damaged, your place will be no different.

im getting one off those new mercs in january only ever drove the actross years ago which was rubbish so were the earlier stuff gona hate giving my scania back lol

That agency chap must have worked at Stobarts then as I’m shocked now I’m on days how bad the trucks are inside.
It’s like your driving in a permanent fog as the windscreen is so dirty,also they all covered by the attack of the mysterons where the twa. nabs have been,had to chuck half eaton bananas out,chip papers,last months newspapers too.
Some drivers are such filthy barstewards!!
Can’t wait to leave and go back to having a job with my own truck.