Getting a job with 9 points on licence

Sidevalve:

mburt 80:

Zac_A:
I’ve worked with more than a couple of guys who had a criminal record, most of these records were ones the company had no right to ask about, as there was no company policy demonstrating a good reason to have a DBS: too many companies wrongly believe they have a right to know.

Driving related issues are by far the most relevant thing to a transport employer.

As someone with a criminal record, this has been a serious worry for me before even thinking about taking my tests. I have been informed that a lot don’t really care, but some people have GOT to disclose convictions to any employer - especially if they are still on license.

How this works in the real world, I am yet to find out

You need to go to a Citizens Advice Bureau and get some info on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. This outlines what you do and do not have to disclose to a prospective employer and for how long after the offence; it’s a few years now since I worked in recruitment so I an reluctant to be specific myself as the law may have changed.

You will also, no doubt, be aware that there are some jobs for which it is perfectly legitimate for the prospective employer to request a CRB check.

If you had a probation officer, he might well be a good source of information if you’re still in touch with him.

Best of luck.

Just want to get sorted and back in work lol

Theory tomorrow and Class 2 test mid November so can’t wait

mburt 80:
I am still on License

Sidevalve:
probation officer, … if you’re still in touch with him.

Hopefully! :open_mouth:

seriously, Good luck mburt 80

stu675:

mburt 80:
I am still on License

Sidevalve:
probation officer, … if you’re still in touch with him.

Hopefully! :open_mouth:

seriously, Good luck mburt 80

Thanks very much

Try not to kill anybody…