Getting a class 1 job without experience. Scotland

Hi everybody. I have class 2 and am working through a agency on multi drop jobs. I called the boss of the agency to ask what chance of work when I put myself through Class 1. He said, “once in a blue moon.” Companies always for two years exp for insurance reasons. How do you get a job?? Please help.
This is Scotland, Central belt.
Thanks Tony.

look on the bright side…he could have said none whatsoever…at least theres a chance. :smiley: …leg it in person around the smaller companies.no emails,no cv pish,just face to face and ask.if youve a flexible attitude to work someone will start you.

2 years experience should be taken into account as 2 years of driving licence held. That is what happened in my case.

Did you have 2 years experince before starting class 2? Could he be saying it because he cannot get anyone to do your multi drop job

I have just passed my CE and all the agency’s said that I needed 6 months+ experience,
I’m hopefully starting a full time job on Thursday.
There is some companies that will take on newly passed.

Will PM you.

Thanks for the replys. It’s good to get some feedback. I’ll start doing some leg work around different companies.

The Salvation Army are setting up a scheme with Malcolm’s through in South Street, they send young drivers in and they learn how to drive everything they have, gain your licences and get a full time job at the end of it.

When I spoke to them it was just in the process of being set up though (a few weeks ago), but they hoped to have it up and running very soon.

The Sally Army already do some training courses like cssc card for the builders etc, and they are also in the process of setting up driver CPC training (prob using Malcolm’s in house trainers)

They plan for the cost for all 5 days training to come in at £200 so the money you get from the ILA will cover the lot :exclamation: (open to drivers any age)
They can do it at this price as they don’t need to make any profit.

There is a Sally Army have a shop in the Howgate centre Falkirk if that’s any use to anyone.

The ILA website is here http://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/

Keep plugging away mate, the 2 year thing will soon be forgotten when they have a job that needs to leave the yard 30 mins ago and no one wants to do it.

ive spoken to some of my local agencies in telford for when i do my test, 1 said hes got loads of new passers on his books and he has no problem finding them work.