Get the sleds out,it's almost here

In the high 20’s tonight got my aircon on in truck saying that I am in Nevada now lol

Snowing here as I type :cry:

newmercman:
Snowing here as I type :cry:

Not snowing here as I type… but I’ll be heading for it :cry:

16’c in Nova Scotia today, 23 in NB yesterday. Long may it continue!

Here’s a few pictures from my last trip, went to Calgary, back to the yard and then out to Vancouver. The first run to Calgary was in the snow from the yard for an hour or so, from there on it was all good, until the last day, I left Calgary in the snow, which turned into ice rain, nasty horrible stuff :cry:

After leaving the yard.

All good on the roads, so a bit of jogging on was called for.

Snow in them there hills

Spectacular views.

Parked for a break, not your average layby view.

Mount Revelstoke in the background, it will soon be covered in snow.

No signs of any snow…yet.

No need for any of that chaining nonsense today…or ever in my world!

I saw my first ever Canadian Snow here about 4yrs ago, none today though.

Still no sign of the white stuff…

The waterfalls are still falling, not for long though…

Out of BC and into Alberta, the skies are looking a bit angry now.

Here comes the snow…

It snowed all the while I was in Calgary.

The aftermath of the ice rain.

Back to better weather now and a big tractor.

Some cracking photos there. The only snow I’ve really come across this week was a bit in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario where I parked for the night in the Petropass before crossing the border bound for Wisconsin. Was cold enough in WI though, I loaded in La Crosse on Friday morning and it was showing as -8’c at the time. Mind, in a month or so from now, that will seem quite mild.

As for ‘Getting the sleds out’
I make it a point of not driving any vehicle in winter that doesn’t have a roof, doors and a heater. My new American family are snowmibile mad and can’t understand why I will not even get on one.

Mark … I stole two of your great photo’s, one of which is now my cover on FB :stuck_out_tongue:

Pat Hasler:
Mark … I stole two of your great photo’s, one of which is now my cover on FB :stuck_out_tongue:

Thought that picture looked familiar :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:
Here’s a few pictures from my last trip, went to Calgary, back to the yard and then out to Vancouver. The first run to Calgary was in the snow from the yard for an hour or so, from there on it was all good, until the last day, I left Calgary in the snow, which turned into ice rain, nasty horrible stuff :cry:

Excellent set of pictures Mark.

charliebear:
A cord is about 3.6 cubic metres, so im told.

Oh right ! … whats a cubic metre ?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Imagine a box one metre high one metre wide and one metre deep and i think that would be your cubic metre, a metre being about three foot three inches for those of us still talking in old money!!

Hi all.I suppose this is my fault really for originally wanting to know what a ‘‘cord’’ was.I asked because my wifes family always had several ‘‘cord du bois’’ delivered in the autumn and all i knew was that it was a bloody big pile to stack.Since moving up here and having a bloody great wood burning stove as my main source of heat i buy my wood by the cu-mtr.so was curious what the costs per winter were seeing as the most north american houses will only have a stove as a secondary source.
I bought 30 cu-mtr of wood about 3 yrs ago and have heated my house for 3 years[iv’e just had a load delivered],and 3 years of heating for €1200 ain’t bad.Mike

A cubic metre in UK is about £85 so €1200 for 30 is a bloody bargain!!

Just heard weather report and white stuff on the forecast for mon/tues thermals at the ready