Get a Trucker home, Paul Stephen Stanyard

Couldnt see a post about this but matthews international had a driver pass away abroad and tbh they need all the crap they can get.
facebook.com/Matthews-Inter … s&app_data
If you can help
gofundme.com/paulstanyard

From what I can gather,one of their drivers died over there while on their 45hr break and Matthews sent someone to collect the vehicle but won’t pay for the driver to be brought back to the UK as their insurance won’t cover the 15k costs but they offered the family of this poor man 5k to keep this story out of the press.

If true it’s a very poor way to treat an employee.
Anyone who does do regular euro work would be wise to get insurance and check they’re covered for things like repatriation. Certainly something I think of when looking at holiday insurance but not something I’d have thought about if working abroad.

Sadly I saw this on our local news tonight…
Can’t believe this can happen,poor bloke and feel for the family

“Matthews International are an independent, family owned company offering a range of high quality logistics solutions. We operate a fleet of modern, state-of-the-art trucks and trailers. Marrying our strong family values with vast knowledge and experience gained over the years; we have built an impressive reputation throughout the industry for dedication and reliability.”

They have no family values. Hope their customers realise that by associating themselves with them it’s not good for their image.

That’s shocking. We have insurance for the drivers to cover illness and if the worst happens, repatriation. It’s pretty cheap to have.

This is disgusting and quite sickening to read. Matthews should be ashamed of themselves. :imp:

Donated a fiver, if everyone does the same we can get Paul home.

yorkshire terrier:

I saw it too on Calendar. He came from Horbury which is about a mile from me.

Lets hope that Matthews do the decent thing as it is all over FB as well. Social media is very powerful these days. Take a look at the comments on the FB link above.

RIP fellow brother. :cry:

Ken.

Absolutely ■■■■■■■ disgraceful! Every driver they have should walk out the door on principle!

Words fail me on this post, how can a company be so cruel. I just hope, everyone who works for them, looks for another job asap. :cry:

This story makes my blood boil. Just shows what their drivers mean to them. Family values my…eye! Disgraceful. R.I.P drive your work is done. Thoughts go out to his family.

Quinny:

yorkshire terrier:

Lets hope that Matthews do the decent thing as it is all over FB as well. Social media is very powerful these days. Take a look at the comments on the FB link above.

Ken.

Yes it said that a spokesman from Matthews said if he had been working insurance covers them but because he was on a break the insurance doesn’t voted them.
They offered £5000 towards the cost.
Absolute awful,let’s all give a bit and get the lad back.

yorkshire terrier:

Couldn’t agree more.

Looks like they have just pulled the FB page as it is no longer available.

Ken

Kerragy:

yorkshire terrier:

Quinny:

yorkshire terrier:

Ken.

Yes it said that a spokesman from Matthews said if he had been working insurance covers them but because he was on a break the insurance doesn’t voted them.
They offered £5000 towards the cost.

Couldn’the agree more.

Hope Matthews suffer through this too.
Must be an awful firm by sound of it…they also said if they went to the press the £5000 offer would be withdrawn.

Quinny:

Ken

What the Matthews page ■■?

yorkshire terrier:

Quinny:

Ken

What the Matthews page ■■?

The link above isn’t working now, as they or someone has removed the ratings page that everyone was venting on.

Ken.

Yet another sad illustration of a ’ cash is king ’ society. When will people learn?

RIP Drive.

facebook.com/Matthews-Inter … 88717/home

and they did very well last year according to their accounts beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp … ng-history