Germany

Off to Germany on Monday. Will be coming off the harwich to hook boat Monday evening and looking for somewhere decent to stop between there and lage in germany. Will have about 2 hours to run any suggestions? Also need somewhere to stop just outside Berlin on Tuesday? First time over the water in a truck. Cheers

Plenty of lay-bys/rest areas with toilets.

Cheers saamom was wondering if there was any of these amazing truck stops I keep hearing about

Look for a sign saying “Autohof”. You usually have to come off the carriageway to get to it (unlike service areas), but they are usually within one or two k’s of the exit. Look out for a massive tower with the sign on top of it.

I`m not sure if you can get there within two hours, its been a while since I’ve been that way.
Assuming your going through the border at Bad Bentheim there’s a cracking autohof at Rheine. Its well signposted from the autobahn.

I would recommend this route: goo.gl/maps/kUXAV. Less German autobahn kms, therefore less Maut (German road tax)

You could try to reach this Dutch truckstop: Frans Op Den Bult, Hengelosestraat 6, 7561 RT Deurningen, Netherlands. fransopdenbult.nl/en/menures … /Parkeren/

They will probably have a machine for the German tax. If not, there is one at the border.

On the A2 heading from Lage to Berlin there are loads of Autohofs, so take your pick. autohof.net/autohof/autohoef … xit_d.html

JB:
I`m not sure if you can get there within two hours, its been a while since I’ve been that way.
Assuming your going through the border at Bad Bentheim there’s a cracking autohof at Rheine. Its well signposted from the autobahn.

Agree, although I’ve not been there for three or four years, Rheine was the “must stop” Autohof, excellent food, immaculately clean, loads of facilities. About 30 minutes past the Dutch/German border iirc.

Cheers for the replys fellas. Does anybody know were I could get the umwelt plakkette for Berlin from?

Get your office bods to sort you out a truck dealership on your route in Germany whilst you are abroad on the briny sea on Monday. Any TÃœV or Dekra workshop will also issue stickers.

Present them with your vehicle docs, stump up 5€ and 5 minutes later you should be on your way.

Berlin is a green sticker only zone BUT foreign registered vehicles with a yellow sticker are good to go until 31.12.2014

Although too short notice for you, THIS LINK may be of use to those who wish to order environmental zone stickers online in the future.

Thanks insellafe