germany

I’m starting to do German work maybe this week, i’ve only ever flitted with Germany on my way to Swiss but now i’m going to venturing into the main off the country.

my question is… i’ve been looking at google maps and the main borders look like Venlo, Aachen,
Perl and Saarbrucken. I’ve used Perl and Saarbrucken before but not Venlo or Aachen.

Is the best route to Venlo from Calais round Antwerp and Aachen round Bruxelles.

I will also be coming from Calais.

Thank you.

:wink:

jessicas dad:
I’m starting to do German work maybe this week, i’ve only ever flitted with Germany on my way to Swiss but now i’m going to venturing into the main off the country.

my question is… i’ve been looking at google maps and the main borders look like Venlo, Aachen,
Perl and Saarbrucken. I’ve used Perl and Saarbrucken before but not Venlo or Aachen.

Is the best to Venlo from Calais round Antwerp and Aachen round Bruxelles.

I will also be coming from Calais.

Thank you.

:wink:

Anchen

in the past i tended to use venlo and antwerp rather than aachen and brussels. especially if i,ve been anywhere in the northern half of germany/denmark. but if i was delivering at audi in emden i would go over to gronningen and down through holland.
there used to be major roadworks at venlo but they should be well done by now. although you can get stuck at the kennedy tunnels in antwerp i,ve had nightmares going round the brussels ring road so its i guess its personal preference. i would still use the saarbrucken route and luxembourg if on the southern side ( get the cheap ■■■■)and if you,ve got allowance of the peages i dont mind the lille/reims road back to calais. :smiley:

Venlo Borders for Northern Germany Route via Antwerpen - avoid Antwerpen Ring / Kennedy tunnel at Rush time!

Two borders route to Aachen for Koln, Central Germany Route
1 - Lichtenbusch (E40 Belgium side) easy run from Bruxelles via Liege
2 - Bochlotz ( E314 Dutch Side) other easy run from Bruxelles via Genk & Heerlen (NL)

Also try to avoid Bruxelles ring at rush time also there are still major roadwork at Ring? if i am wrong?

Via Luxembourg for Southern Germany Route - bonus for re-fuel

Are you still based up in Leeds?

If so, the Hull or Killingholme boat would be a better option than going via Calais if you’re going to be running Northern Germany.

Daily rest on the boat and hit the ground running with a fresh card at yon end.

Betz:
Venlo Borders for Northern Germany Route via Antwerpen - avoid Antwerpen Ring / Kennedy tunnel at Rush time!

Two borders route to Aachen for Koln, Central Germany Route
1 - Lichtenbusch (E40 Belgium side) easy run from Bruxelles via Liege
2 - Bochlotz ( E314 Dutch Side) other easy run from Bruxelles via Genk & Heerlen (NL)

Also try to avoid Bruxelles ring at rush time also there are still major roadwork at Ring? if i am wrong?

Via Luxembourg for Southern Germany Route - bonus for re-fuel

This.

Inselaffe:

If so, the Hull or Killingholme boat would be a better option than going via Calais if you’re going to be running Northern Germany.

And this.
Which also avoids the Brussels and Antwerp rush hour problems.

and don’t forget your Toll Collect !!

Belgium Border to Aachen is Lichtenbusch / Wally Stop
Dutch Border to Aachen is Heerlen

Venlo is OK if you are doing the Ruhr, remember there are two Venlo borders. Venlo proper and Kaldenkirchen, don’t mix them up :stuck_out_tongue:

Rheine for Osnabruck or thereabouts

Inselaffe:

I don’t have any choice its always Dover calais for me.

Thanks for the help il print this page off.

jessicas dad:

Inselaffe:

I thought Mr used P&O Hull , or is that just the star larkers?

Wheel Nut:

jessicas dad:

Inselaffe:

They do malc but im on for devanneys :grimacing:

jessicas dad:

Wheel Nut:

jessicas dad:

Inselaffe:

They do malc but im on for devanneys :grimacing:

For some reason I thought you had given that up. I am slipping. Happy Birthday anyway

Cheers thank you.