Germany - 1st time for years

Ok, I’m off to Germany over the weekend, leaving tomorrow night from Hull, how do I pay for the road tax when coming out of Holland?

Are there any driving bans at this time of year (don’t think so lol)

Owt else I need to know nowadays?

Thanks in advance :smiley:

You can get your tax from most services along the way… toll collet machines… you have to follow the route they give you, and if ya dont its hard to blag ya way out of it lol…Errr, make sure ya load is well secure, the bag do like to have a good check.
You’l see the no over taking signs up, but at night time after 8pm and before 7am (i think) most are lifted.
and weekend driving ban is non still not sure what time from, i just know its sat at some point and you can go again 10pm sunday night… its been a year since i have been to but im sure thats about right ha… happy truckin bruv…

The ban is from 24.00 Saturday night until 22.00 sunday night

Geoff

Thanks for that, it’s as I thought which is going to upset the boss, he has me booked on the Sunday night boat out of Rotterdam which I can’t make if I’m stuck in Germany lol

And just how do you expect to be tipped at the weekend in Germany?

Inselaffe:
And just how do you expect to be tipped at the weekend in Germany?

All arranged apparently :smiley: :sunglasses:

We’ll see when we get there but its an ‘urgent’ job :open_mouth:

just to clear point up i have unloaded and loaded 27/7 @ 365 DAYS a YEAR
and my old employer is still doing it now after over 50years ,here in Germany

Take your time,do not rush,enjoy the scenery and fine food in spotless truck stops.
Watch out for the motorway traffic that suddenly grounds to halt very quickly with no warning.
The Germans are very kind and helpful.

brit pete:

Not doubting or arguing Pete,but how come you`ve loaded/unloaded,365?
Do you mean the physical act of loading/unloading,(ie a person coming in to a lager to tip/load)or the driving to/from?
Is it less than 7.5t■■?
Whiplash.

whiplash:

brit pete:

Do you mean the physical act of loading/unloading,(ie a person coming in to a lager to tip/load)or the driving to/from?
Is it less than 7.5t■■?
Whiplash.

Ayup,I used to load every weekend in Germany.Off the Hull ferry Saturday morning,drive into Germany,tip and load,sometimes topping up Sunday morning after a night at home in Krefeld.I had a permit from the Zollampt to run to the sunday night fery in Rotterdam.A few other German drivers were on the sunday night to England,so they must have loaded and driven on Sunday.WM transport from Bocholt were on N.S.F. for years and Kleine weiler before them. cheers Joe. p.s. It was with a jumbo wagon and trailer so not 7,5 tonner.

sweetleaf:

whiplash:

brit pete:

Is it less than 7.5t■■?
Whiplash.

Ayup,I used to load every weekend in Germany.Off the Hull ferry Saturday morning,drive into Germany,tip and load,sometimes topping up Sunday morning after a night at home in Krefeld.I had a permit from the Zollampt to run to the sunday night fery in Rotterdam.A few other German drivers were on the sunday night to England,so they must have loaded and driven on Sunday.WM transport from Bocholt were on N.S.F. for years and Kleine weiler before them. cheers Joe. p.s. It was with a jumbo wagon and trailer so not 7,5 tonner.

I often loaded a tanker in Marl or Krefeld on a Saturday, and there are many chemical And food companies that work 365 days a year.

zebadee:
Ok, I’m off to Germany over the weekend, leaving tomorrow night from Hull, how do I pay for the road tax when coming out of Holland?

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Some senile old ■■■■ posted a video on YouTube showing you how to use the machines, it might be of some use.

jarvo:
You’ll see the no over taking signs up, but at night time after 8pm and before 7am (i think) most are lifted.

Also if you go through Belgium - countrywide overtaking ban on all 2-lane motorways, unless there is a sign saying overtaking allowed.

Hello my last employer for whom i drove 21years plus run tankers of all descriptions
we had permits to run even in the summer ban and if doing France or Italy we also got
permits issued from these country with the help of the company’s we drove to or for,
when also driving tilts which had a urgent load on these would also be unloaded 24/7 365
days a year,as for loading and unloading it depended on which firm and where one was loading
or unloading if you did it yourself,Now a days many chemical firms, are getting drivers to
do this daily, but only after the driver has passed a course on loading/unloading
AND SAFETY ASPECTS,why because they SAVE money by having a person less on their crew , and
believe me the transport firms do it but do not give the driver any more money .

MrFlibble:

jarvo:
You’ll see the no over taking signs up, but at night time after 8pm and before 7am (i think) most are lifted.

Also if you go through Belgium - countrywide overtaking ban on all 2-lane motorways, unless there is a sign saying overtaking allowed.

The Belgian ban is lifted almost everywhere from 7 at night till 6 in the morning too.
Their overtaking allowed sign is a large blue rectangular sign similar to the truck overtaking not allowed circular sign. If overtaking is allowed, its just the blue rectangular sign. If it has another board on the same post with times on it. Overtaking is only allowed between those times. So the 2 lane section on the E411, Brussels - Lux, from about km80 all the way through to the Lux border at km187 is no overtaking other than a few short sections during the day.
We still do overtake, but be aware you’ll get tugged and fined if spotted.

Wheel Nut:

sweetleaf:

whiplash:

brit pete:

Is it less than 7.5t■■?
Whiplash.

I often loaded a tanker in Marl or Krefeld on a Saturday, and there are many chemical And food companies that work 365 days a year.

And in the past I’ve done air freight tipping, and driving, on a Sunday with the relevant permits.