German Saturday driving ban

Hello I am at Rheine truckstop at the moment and I am going to Poland via Pomellenen (Stettin) border. Can anyone tell me where I can find info on the saturday driving ban? In the olden days you could go via the top road ie Hamburg and Rostock but not via Helmstedt on saturdays. Is this still the case? Where can I find the info on the roads affected? Thanks!

you can drive on the national roads all day

yep they don’t seem to have issued them nice little pamphlets this year (or last?)

bmvbs.de/Anlage/original_998 … esisch.pdf

this link will give you the info you need - b.t.w we found out the hard way (but no fines :sunglasses: ) last weekend, czech republic summer weekend ban is 17:00 to 21:00 Friday, then 07:00 to 13:00 Saturday and again 13:00 to 22:00 Sunday :confused: so god knows what version the Jam Rolls have dreamed up for themselves :laughing:

There is usually a map showing the Saturday driving ban (All Saturdays between 1st July and 31st August between 07.00 and 20.00 for vehicles over 7.5t) which you might be able to pick up at the Autohof. However, the ban covers most of the Autobahn network with just a few stretches here and there being exempt. Your route will certainly fall under the ban. Your best bet is to sit tight until 8 o’clock tonight and then use the 4 hour window until the Sunday ban kicks in at midnight. This will get you a good way along the A2 towards Berlin where you can park up at one of the many Autohofs along the route (eg Ziesar or Theessen). Going overland off the Autobahn is going to get you nowhere fast so is not really an option on this route. Hope this has been some help.

Ignore my last post! On closer inspection of the link posted by jj72 it seems that all of your route is, with the exception of the Berliner Ring, not subject to the ban. Apologies for my duff gen. Was doing it from memory!

Inselaffe:
Ignore my last post! On closer inspection of the link posted by jj72 it seems that all of your route is, with the exception of the Berliner Ring, not subject to the ban. Apologies for my duff gen. Was doing it from memory!

yep it must’ve changed recently - now, only between oberhausen and bad oeyenhausen on the 2 is banned, used to be much more of it i’m sure

the kids are back at school so no ban in the day time now just the one from 10 til 10 or if thay wont to be good 12 mindnight sat to 12 midnight sun. so drive away i do .