German police just parked me up & fined me

You can run up to 7.5t in Germany on a sunday, done it years, however I can now state due to the €145 ive just paid on the spot & the €570 fine I will still probabally get via court & post, that if you have 3.5t but with a trailer (all tacho’d & legit) despite a sub 7.5t gtw that you are because of the trailer verboten to run commercially on sun.

Pah can’t move till 2200hrs

And they want you to use a log book 2.8 to 3.5 tonnes gross !

Have a pork Schintzel and some large Shandies to drown the sorrows.

Some Sauerkraut must have been reading up on that law this week & looking out for you all weekend, Hard luck Mate. Keep on trucking but not till 22:00Hrs

need to make sure ur mt next time an pull the trl on the back of ur prime mover :wink: :wink:

Feet up and enjoy the rest

toby1234abc:
Have a pork Schintzel and some large Shandies to drown the sorrows.

I’m on route to poland, so was really keeping the room in my belly for roasted swan :wink:

Paint some windows on the trailer and call it a caravan :open_mouth:

Dan Punchard:
And they want you to use a log book 2.8 to 3.5 tonnes gross !

Yeh i have messed about with a logbook for Germany before, now I just run a tacho even just for a 3.5t saves grief.

Daft law that a 7.5t is ok but the van & trailer isnt, then again its v odd its restricted to 80km too while in germany, but hey ho live & learn.

The irony is due to the item I could have pulled the personal use card if id have known, (thus no sunday restrictions) but had given the cmr by then, as thought i was getting done for speeding as sat on 90km, ah well bugger.

Ah well sun is shining its not been the worst break, just gunna have to drive v late to get back on track

Been like that fir years

You can run up to 7.5t gross vehicle no problems

But for some reason can’t put trailer behind it
If was in a 7.5t would of been fine

Seen a Cherokee jeep pulled for passing a truck on a steep autobahn hill because he was pulling a tiny camping trailer. This was on a truck overtaking ban stretch,and the truck was way down the box.

Iguana , was it the Police that stopped you or BAG?

Had a bad experience in Germany many moons ago ,
all I can say is
nice country shame about the people .

toby1234abc:
Iguana , was it the Police that stopped you or BAG?

Police

iguana:
‘… You can run up to 7.5t in Germany on a Sunday, done it years, however … verboten to run commercially on Sun…’

Shouldn’t we reflect upon the duff claims of the EU working so brilliantly for everyone all the time from its unified song-sheet as Call-me-Dave, (R)Ed, Greenwoman & Micro-Clegg tirelessly rejoice in telling us - at our expense :exclamation:

At least a vague UK road agency or other would likely buy you a pub-lunch and let you proceed to beneath an M25 hard-shoulder bridge to road-camp beneath on the promise that you’ll tell all Euro-mates how tough the (Former) UK is :open_mouth:

iguana:
You can run up to 7.5t in Germany on a sunday, done it years, however I can now state due to the €145 ive just paid on the spot & the €570 fine I will still probabally get via court & post, that if you have 3.5t but with a trailer (all tacho’d & legit) despite a sub 7.5t gtw that you are because of the trailer verboten to run commercially on sun.

Hi iguana,

I’m afraid it’s quite correct mate, I wish I could say otherwise though… :frowning:

It’s in §30 (3) of the German equivalent of our Road Traffic Act.

StVo §30 (3)

An Sonntagen und Feiertagen dürfen in der Zeit von 0.00 bis 22.00 Uhr Lastkraftwagen mit einer zulässigen Gesamtmasse über 7,5 t sowie Anhänger hinter Lastkraftwagen nicht verkehren.

My own (Google-free :wink: ) translation:
On Sundays and Bank Holidays, LGVs with an authorised GVW exceeding 7.5t and trucks pulling trailers are not allowed to circulate between the hours of 00:00 and 22:00.

Source:

§ 30 StVO 2013 - Einzelnorm

The complete works of Dave on German LGV driving bans are here:

German LGV driving bans. (The WHOLE story...) - #11 by dieseldave - EURO DRIVING FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Does this apply to France ? Iam hopefully leaving Friday to st tropez 3.5 tonne plus trailer ,anyone know ? I’ve never had any trouble before .

Dan Punchard:
Does this apply to France ? Iam hopefully leaving Friday to st tropez 3.5 tonne plus trailer ,anyone know ? I’ve never had any trouble before .

Hi Dan,

Sorry mate, but my linguistic ability doesn’t extend to French.

The laws I’ve explained are only valid in Germany, but we have several members on TN who are English, speak good French and even live there, so let’s hope that one of them sees your plea.

Having said that, they might not be looking at this post because it relates to Germany, so I’d advise that you consider starting a new topic with a title that’ll get them to notice it. I’d go as far as to suggest that a post in the Euro Forum might be your best bet. :wink:

I’ll leave making some sense of it to you though!

Thank you .